USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > USBBDM (NT) > Product Support.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:00 AM
666c0ld666 666c0ld666 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4
Talking No problems

I had to:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

To be able to install the 64bit driver for usbjtag.

But other then that it works great with no problems.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-01-2012, 07:37 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666c0ld666 View Post
I had to:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

To be able to install the 64bit driver for usbjtag.

But other then that it works great with no problems.
WOW, I did none of that nor did I disable Driver Signature Enforcement and Its working like a Champ. No restarting, Advanced Options, NONE of that......
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:21 AM
usbbdm usbbdm is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPONE View Post
WOW, I did none of that nor did I disable Driver Signature Enforcement and Its working like a Champ. No restarting, Advanced Options, NONE of that......
Did you setup on a fresh installed Windows 8 or you have earlier version of Windows 8 and installed NT and then upgrade to the latter build? That might be different. I think Microsoft is adding more "securities" close to final release. Early builds might leave security checking on purpose.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-01-2012, 08:26 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
Did you setup on a fresh installed Windows 8 or you have earlier version of Windows 8 and installed NT and then upgrade to the latter build? That might be different. I think Microsoft is adding more "securities" close to final release. Early builds might leave security checking on purpose.
Fresh install of Windows 8 Professional, OEM downloaded from Microsoft. This is not the release preview or anything before that. I had No issuses and did not have to do any of the steps mentioned by last member.
I did however installed the drivers First and then Installed the Setup.rar and it worked with no problem. So in short, Windows 8 Does NOT prevent us from using Unsigned Drivers as some people believed.
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:16 AM
cosanovas cosanovas is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPONE View Post
Did you follow my Instructiuons? I would bet Not. LOL

First I installed DRIVERS and once tool was recognized then I installed Software.

If you have Teamview, Send me ID and Password And I will help you get it working.

Also I am Using Windows 8 Professional.
Windows 8 and Windows 8 Professional are not the same, Even though I don't think it should make much difference.
Ok .I send u the info . As soon get home .. thank you so much
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-01-2012, 10:54 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosanovas View Post
Ok .I send u the info . As soon get home .. thank you so much
No Problem Buddy....
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 AM
usbbdm usbbdm is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,885
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPONE View Post
Fresh install of Windows 8 Professional, OEM downloaded from Microsoft. This is not the release preview or anything before that. I had No issuses and did not have to do any of the steps mentioned by last member.
I did however installed the drivers First and then Installed the Setup.rar and it worked with no problem. So in short, Windows 8 Does NOT prevent us from using Unsigned Drivers as some people believed.
Then you might consider run setup as admin. That should allow you copy files to certain folder. Actually if you want create and save XML file within the software you need to run as admin as well.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-02-2012, 12:14 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666c0ld666 View Post
I had to:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

To be able to install the 64bit driver for usbjtag.

But other then that it works great with no problems.
This is true for 64Bit, However there is easyer way to get there without all the commands to temporarily disable Signature Enforcement to allow user to install Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usbbdm View Post
Then you might consider run setup as admin. That should allow you copy files to certain folder. Actually if you want create and save XML file within the software you need to run as admin as well.
Yes, Like in windows 7...
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-05-2012, 05:16 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default Temporarily disable enforce signed drivers on windows 8 64-Bit

In order to temporarily disable enforce signed drivers on windows 8 64-Bit follow these instructions.

From desktop move mouse pointer to top or bottom right Conner and click on the settings tab then click on change PC settings.

In PC settings screen go to general and scroll down to the bottom of page then click on Restart now under advanced startup and then chose second option, Troubleshoot and then chose advanced Options.

In Advanced options chose startup settings then click on restart. Then in next screen press (F7).

Once the PC restarts, you will be able to install the unsigned Drivers. After installing the Drivers, Run the Setup.rar for USBJTAG NT software and you should be all set.
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:31 AM
justsomeguy justsomeguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPONE View Post
In order to temporarily disable enforce signed drivers on windows 8 64-Bit follow these instructions.

From desktop move mouse pointer to top or bottom right Conner and click on the settings tab then click on change PC settings.

In PC settings screen go to general and scroll down to the bottom of page then click on Restart now under advanced startup and then chose second option, Troubleshoot and then chose advanced Options.

In Advanced options chose startup settings then click on restart. Then in next screen press (F7).

Once the PC restarts, you will be able to install the unsigned Drivers. After installing the Drivers, Run the Setup.rar for USBJTAG NT software and you should be all set.
thanks capone...looks very straight forward..one question though, is this required to be done every time you want to install an unsigned driver? or will you always be able to after doing this just once? i DONT have windows 8 YET. LMFAO~ so i can't confirm my question.........YET.....LOL
__________________
live your life like a beer commericial
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
thanks capone...looks very straight forward..one question though, is this required to be done every time you want to install an unsigned driver? or will you always be able to after doing this just once? i DONT have windows 8 YET. LMFAO~ so i can't confirm my question.........YET.....LOL
I beleave this is a temporary bypass in which case YES. However I have not had to install another unsigned driver so I can't say 100%.
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-05-2012, 06:48 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
thanks capone...looks very straight forward..one question though, is this required to be done every time you want to install an unsigned driver? or will you always be able to after doing this just once? i DONT have windows 8 YET. LMFAO~ so i can't confirm my question.........YET.....LOL
Send me Teamview INFO and I will Hook you Up Buddy..........
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-05-2012, 09:23 AM
justsomeguy justsomeguy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPONE View Post
Send me Teamview INFO and I will Hook you Up Buddy..........
workin for another 8 hours :sad:
__________________
live your life like a beer commericial
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-05-2012, 10:38 AM
CAPONE CAPONE is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
workin for another 8 hours :sad:

I will be back around 10:30 PM..............
__________________
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Cydia Cydia is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666c0ld666 View Post
I had to:

1. Windows Key + R
2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
3. Click the "OK" button
4. System will restart to a "Choose an option" screen
5. Select "Troubleshoot" from "Choose an option" screen
6. Select "Advanced options" from "Troubleshoot" screen
7. Select "Windows Startup Settings" from "Advanced options" screen
8. Click "Restart" button
9. System will restart to "Advanced Boot Options" screen
10. Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"

To be able to install the 64bit driver for usbjtag.

But other then that it works great with no problems.
I love it. Thank you very much, 666c0ld666.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.