USB JTAG  

Go Back   USB JTAG > USBJTAG (NT) > Devices > JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes > JTAG on dct2500/dct700

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Smile hacking a motorola digital cable box

what is the hack for a motorola digital cable box . i'm using Shaw Cable in vancouver Canada. We are paying way too much for their service.

and what does a hard cold reset do to the box? can the box be modify?

email westcoastguy@msn.com

thanx for anyones time, i'm a newbie May 18th 2008
Old 05-18-2008, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Confirmed!

Yes, indeed! Shaw is by far the most advanced, and have the best form of encryption, and hardest to hack. I know alot of people tried it, and then completely gave up. So far, I have not heard of ANYONE that has successfully gotten the Shaw Digital Box or Cable Modem to work yet.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:17 AM

if it is a moto dct700/2500 how would it being shaw make any differnce? its all the same instructions is it not?
Old 05-19-2008, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Shaw Encryption

Exactly! This is why alot of people are extremely puzzled. Its based on the same system/receiver, etc., but alot of people are still having tons of problems with it. They seem to have different types of encryption far more advanced than the other CC. From what the other forums are mentioning, Shaw constantly monitors these sites, and as soon as someone comes out with any kind of fix or ways around it, they quickly patch their firmware right away, and by the time the next person reads up on the thread and tries it, it no longer works. (Sneaky bastards!).
Closed Thread