USBJTAG NT - WinXP x64

JTAG software bug report.
DJX

USBJTAG NT - WinXP x64

Post by DJX »

Hi,
Once again, probaly already mentioned but...

Working on another machine of mine...
Installed the x64 drivers on my XP x64 system and it installed fine; Asked for a restart: good, Device Manager: good.

When I load up the JTAG software, it will not connect to the JTAG ("USB Not Connected")

I'm guessing XP x64 is not supported?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I cannot answer your question now as I can not find a copy of XP 64 bit that installs. This should be really easy fix but I do not have a working system. The problem should exist on the winusb.dll.
Yes another one had reported the same issue and no ETA yet. Unless someone give me a link that I can download a XP 64bit for trial. One day is enough to fix this problem.
dreamss

Post by dreamss »

http://binsearch.info/index.php?q=windo ... ize=&font=

if there any strings we can find for you, just say so
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I hope this download real works.
DJX

Post by DJX »

If you're downloading from me, it's %100 genuine Microsoft software.
...With Service Pack 2 Integrated, original ISO from Microsoft.
Only way I roll ;)

Same copy I'm running right now.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have installed XP 64 bit. The first look is that the winusb driver does not compatible with XP 64bit. Maybe I need service pack II and above. The out of box CD is not service pack and might not have winusb support yet. The XP 64 bit does not have internet yet.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I now know the problem.
The Vista 64 comes with Winusb.dll installed.
XP needs to install Winusb.dll via WinUSBCoinstaller.dll. For some reason it only installed to system32 directory. It also needs go to sysWOW64. There are talks over the net but I do not find a good solutions yet. Some post are confusing.
I believe it is a matter of inf change and mutiple installation needed. No need to modify any of the dll or exes.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

After hours of search and testing finally it worked on XP 64 bit.
You need to extract the file to your Windows\sysWOW64 and it will work.
This is a copy of winusb.dll from XP 32bit.

For XP 64bit you need install 64 bit driver under system32 and 32 bit driver under sysWOW.

Please let me know if it work or not. If it works I will make this thread sticky.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DJX

Post by DJX »

Okay, so on my current install:

I just took the attached "winusb.dll" and put it in SysWOW64.
Seems to work...is this correct?

Will you fix the WinUSB64 driver download on the site?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Yes it will.
This is not the bug of download. This is work around for Microsoft's "undocumented" feature. I might add some read me in the download and add this dll for it.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:After hours of search and testing finally it worked on XP 64 bit.
You need to extract the file to your Windows\sysWOW64 and it will work.
This is a copy of winusb.dll from XP 32bit.

For XP 64bit you need install 64 bit driver under system32 and 32 bit driver under sysWOW.

Please let me know if it work or not. If it works I will make this thread sticky.
I worked for me only after I installed the 64 Bit Drivers in Both the sysWOW64 and in the system 32 Folders

Thanks USBBDM
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I have installed it again on my virtual box. Proved this method works perfect on Win XP 64 bit prof version. Pin this thread.
poorman

Post by poorman »

for some reason my computer is not recognizing my jtagnt i have put the winusb file in wowsys64 folder but it does not read at all for me what am i doing wrong i just got my new computer and its 64bits but i cant get it to take for me
poorman

Post by poorman »

i do have teamviewer on my computer so it would really be helpful if someone could see what im doing wrong and thanks if someone answers and would help me ive never had problems with the 32 bit system just with this 64bit that i have now
d0

Post by d0 »

I had usbjtagnt installed on XPx64 bit but it always said "not connected". Copied the file to sysWOW64/ now it works 100%, thanks.