Motorola DTH325

JTAG software bug report.
Emmanuel Sobrino

Motorola DTH325

Post by Emmanuel Sobrino »

the Motorola DTH325 can be program with jtag interface???
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You need to tell what CPU it uses.
Emmanuel Sobrino

The cpu is STi5512SWE-x
cipher

Post by cipher »

The STMicroelectronincs family do use JTAG and will most likely have a ARM based cpu. The device your STB users is secured and information on it will be difficult to find. If they included a JTAG connector then there is a good possibility the USB JTAG interface will work on it, but there no way to verify it without testing. If you are not well versed in ARM microcode there will be little you can do on that STB.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

STi CPU does not use EJTAG protocol. Instead it uses ST20 and is simpler compared to MIPS EJTAG. This family is widely used in FTA receivers. When I have time I will add this support in my JTAG software. If you read the usbjtag.def, you will find a pair of "Protocol=EJTAG". That leave the room for "protocol=ST20" in the future.

Currently I am making debug function work on EJTAG so more functions of DCT2500/DCT700 and DVI3000 can be tested. So ST20 support will be on my list.

Since this post is for JTAG, I will move it to JTAG support section.
Emmanuel Sobrino

Thanks.
I find a software to download firmware and channel map using the rs232 port. but i not have a firmware file. only have the firmware of the box (Sky).