Cant get setup.exe to work

JTAG software bug report.
bahamasair

Cant get setup.exe to work

Post by bahamasair »

Hi. When ever I click on "install usb driver" after executing setup.exe it just closes and doesnt install anything. I downloaded it a couple of times to make sure but its still doing the same thing. Anyone have any ideas on what to check to see why its not running the install exe?
Thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

It just copy the needed file to System32 directory. You might need admin right to do so. Then you plug in your USB JTAG and it should work.
bahamasair

Post by bahamasair »

I was logged in as admin. Im pretty sure it didnt install since when I plug in the Jtag it detects new hardware and wants to install the drivers. Can I just manually copy the EZusb file to the sys32 directory and be ok?
Thanks.
gone

Post by gone »

After running setup, the OS will find the right drivers when you connect the BDM.
bahamasair

Post by bahamasair »

how do I test to make sure the jtag is working so I can tell if my drivers are ok? When I open usbJtag and select 5101 it shows the jtag as not connected. Am I right In thinking if I type detect it will show it as connected? When I power up the 5101 nothing changes and its still not showing anything when I type "detect"

I got it to connect with the jtag on my laptop. Ill play with my main pc and see whats going on with it.