No PC can see my USBJTAGNT now, not even as unrecognized.

JTAG software bug report.
demonspride

No PC can see my USBJTAGNT now, not even as unrecognized.

Post by demonspride »

My jtag NT stopped working out of no-where, the chip isint even seen as unrecognized, no matter, what, ive checked the usb port, bot on pc and jtag, and ive checked the diodes and regulators going to the cypress chip, all seem to have power, but its like the actual device isint powered to the point were the pc sees it as a device. doesnt show up in windows devices as anyhing, and doesnt look for drivers. as if it wasnt plugged in at all, anyone no where to start?
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

demonspride wrote:My jtag NT stopped working out of no-where, the chip isint even seen as unrecognized, no matter, what, ive checked the usb port, bot on pc and jtag, and ive checked the diodes and regulators going to the cypress chip, all seem to have power, but its like the actual device isint powered to the point were the pc sees it as a device. doesnt show up in windows devices as anyhing, and doesnt look for drivers. as if it wasnt plugged in at all, anyone no where to start?
If your PC does not give any feedback when you plug in the USB (a sound) then there is an issue.
demonspride

Post by demonspride »

There is definitely an issue, i was just wondering what would be a reasonable approach to finding "what" is the issue on the NT by way of eliminating components, i figured a chip onboard was fried, id atleast get

unkown Device error or device failure. but i get nothing at all, as if its not pluged in, but my volt meter shows power on all regulators, and diodes.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

demonspride wrote:There is definitely an issue, i was just wondering what would be a reasonable approach to finding "what" is the issue on the NT by way of eliminating components, i figured a chip onboard was fried, id atleast get

unkown Device error or device failure. but i get nothing at all, as if its not pluged in, but my volt meter shows power on all regulators, and diodes.
have you tried on another computer like previously mentioned? maybe it's the usb port on your computer..i've seen that happen to many times to mention.
live your life like a beer commericial