Support for different tagets future @admin

JTAG software bug report.
blacklisted

Support for different tagets future @admin

Post by blacklisted »

I see that both products are very capable and are supported well. slowely but surely the products are increasing as they get tested.

My question is

i dont know the exact design of both products but can they /are they capable of supporting other products through serial UART as most vendors are hiding the jTAG or having the software lock or no output to Jtag.

is there anyway these products will be able to support others cpu and SOCs.

i am asking as alot of items products are starting to use UART with NAND and NOR flash with SOC.

for example looking at the puma 6 design with emmc controller chip and NAND.
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

Typically if a device has a JTAG port and you ship it to usbbdm in Canada he will attempt to add support for that device (if he is not too high on weed :P)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If UART is accessible then no need to use JTAG port. Only time needs programming for JTAG is when NAND flash or SPI flash that needs special program to access it.
ricktendo

Post by ricktendo »

usbbdm wrote:If UART is accessible then no need to use JTAG port. Only time needs programming for JTAG is when NAND flash or SPI flash that needs special program to access it.
Just because you have serial console does not always mean you have shell access
blacklisted

Post by blacklisted »

my point exactly

and if i post to canada? more than happy but this is not a mips target this is why i ask
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

blacklisted wrote:my point exactly

and if i post to canada? more than happy but this is not a mips target this is why i ask
Post some picture of the board here first. I am working on one project for now but would be interested to look around what is happening.
blacklisted

Post by blacklisted »

usbbdm wrote:Post some picture of the board here first. I am working on one project for now but would be interested to look around what is happening.

usb admin alot of work is been done but to no avail.

this is the whole device in question.

i am leaving link it will give you complete run down on all onboard chips and reference. with UART ouput console

i will post more images with point if they need to be zoomed

https://www.mobile-computer-repairs.co. ... ris-TG2492

sorry i have been trying to get you in chat but just cannot cath you at correct times

i am GMT or GMT +1

Regards
chusin

cg3300

Post by chusin »

Hello
can you help me make an xml of a cg3300?
thanks