sbg6580 lights off

JTAG work on Surfboard cable modem.

Moderator: justsomeguy

Mr Sand

sbg6580 lights off

Post by Mr Sand »

Hi guys, I'm trying to flash my sbg6580, I already finished the soldering step, but when I plug the usbjtag nt in the modem, and the electrical wire. There's no lights.

I get this using the software.

Copyright (C) 2010,2011,2012
USB JTAG NT 0.56a
Target: SBG6580SPI
-flshdct 0
Found Address= 00000000 MX25L12805D
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0

Is that ok?

and when i disconnect the usbjtag nt, and plug the electrical wire in the modem, the lights comeback.

it could be a soldering problem? or what. Thanks for your help and sorry for my english. hehe.
softrend

Post by softrend »

es normal viejo, que vas a programar?
el cfg
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Mr Sand wrote:Hi guys, I'm trying to flash my sbg6580, I already finished the soldering step, but when I plug the usbjtag nt in the modem, and the electrical wire. There's no lights.

I get this using the software.

Copyright (C) 2010,2011,2012
USB JTAG NT 0.56a
Target: SBG6580SPI
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0
-flshdct 0

Is that ok?

and when i disconnect the usbjtag nt, and plug the electrical wire in the modem, the lights comeback.

it could be a soldering problem? or what. Thanks for your help and sorry for my english. hehe.
Totaly Normal. Just remember to make a few Good Backups Before atempting to Program anything. One of the Biggest Mistakes Noobs Make is they forget to make a Backup. Its Needed in case anything goes Wrong you can get you Modem back to Its factory State.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Mr Sand

Post by Mr Sand »

Ok guys, I appreciate your help in this topic. Now, my new question is, whats the correct "noisy bootloader" that i should upload in my sbg6580?. I already did the steps as the SB6120 video, but the modem looks bricked. i uploaded the "sb6120 noisy bootloader" but i think that's the problem. Thanks. :)
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Mr Sand wrote:Ok guys, I appreciate your help in this topic. Now, my new question is, whats the correct "noisy bootloader" that i should upload in my sbg6580?. I already did the steps as the SB6120 video, but the modem looks bricked. i uploaded the "sb6120 noisy bootloader" but i think that's the problem. Thanks. :)
LOL Write back the Original Boot. There is No Need for the Noisy Boot.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
rickanie

Post by rickanie »

Capone any idea what firmware can be used to test SB 6580? Maybe, loading 6121 with CFW in it already will work? I haven't tried just a thought. I extracted Full original backup of an SB 6580 if anyone needs it. BTW how can I upload and post it the file is too large? :eek:
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

rickanie wrote:Capone any idea what firmware can be used to test SB 6580? Maybe, loading 6121 with CFW in it already will work? I haven't tried just a thought. I extracted Full original backup of an SB 6580 if anyone needs it. BTW how can I upload and post it the file is too large? :eek:
SB612x and 6850 uses different CPU, so it will not work if you use SB612X firmware on 6850.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

by capone
LOL Write back the Original Boot. There is No Need for the Noisy Boot.
Noisy bootloader is needed if he want to use CLI and tweak modem to get on line.
All soft for sbg6580, older and newest ones are type : .... NOSH, which means there is no way to use CLI and OID.

I do not have noisy bootloader for that modem, if somebody have, please upload it here.

Have 5 modems like that, one comes on line and was probably provissioned by comcrap by somebody.
One is almost dead, only some tiny light, but no other easy visible lights comes on.
All of them comes with different bins.

Soft for that modem is eCos, similar to the 5100 and 5101, lot of it elements are BSD, linuks and free soft foundation, GNU or whatever.....
Soft is very fine, but red on net, that peoples have nothing but complaines, especially wifi so slow and plenty of other issues.

So do not listen to what big Master Rat said about that modem on modem sites, modem is nothing but problems.
On my nod is bonded to 8 channels down and 3 channels up, as on my nod is only 3 channels up, although modem is able to bond to 4 channels up
================
have question ?????????????????????????????????
How to open that box, there is 4 screws, I took them out, and still do not figured out how to open that box without breaking something or major surgery.
any help is appreciated.
Thanx in advance, if somebody care to help me.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

marthypaul wrote:by capone

Noisy bootloader is needed if he want to use CLI and tweak modem to get on line.
All soft for sbg6580, older and newest ones are type : .... NOSH, which means there is no way to use CLI and OID.

I do not have noisy bootloader for that modem, if somebody have, please upload it here.

Have 5 modems like that, one comes on line and was probably provissioned by comcrap by somebody.
One is almost dead, only some tiny light, but no other easy visible lights comes on.
All of them comes with different bins.

Soft for that modem is eCos, similar to the 5100 and 5101, lot of it elements are BSD, linuks and free soft foundation, GNU or whatever.....
Soft is very fine, but red on net, that peoples have nothing but complaines, especially wifi so slow and plenty of other issues.

So do not listen to what big Master Rat said about that modem on modem sites, modem is nothing but problems.
On my nod is bonded to 8 channels down and 3 channels up, as on my nod is only 3 channels up, although modem is able to bond to 4 channels up
================
have question ?????????????????????????????????
How to open that box, there is 4 screws, I took them out, and still do not figured out how to open that box without breaking something or major surgery.
any help is appreciated.
Thanx in advance, if somebody care to help me.
BS, I use the CLI on the modems I test and have Never had to Use the Noisy bootloader to do so.................

And you say you don't have the noisy bootloader for this model? You should think outside the box. What your really saying is, No one has made it and posted it for the freeloaders to take advantage of. People should STOP depending on others to reach there goals.........
andy m

Post by andy m »

here is boot loader for BCM3380
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andy m

Post by andy m »

is any of these sb6580 for sale pal in box if the price is right al have one off ya
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

CAPONE wrote:BS, I use the CLI on the modems I test and have Never had to Use the Noisy bootloader to do so.................

And you say you don't have the noisy bootloader for this model? You should think outside the box. What your really saying is, No one has made it and posted it for the freeloaders to take advantage of. People should STOP depending on others to reach there goals.........
if modem have NOSH in their bin name, it is impossible to use shell or CLI for that matter.
if u can use CLI for that kind of bin, then kudos to you.
Reason for bins for modem with NOSH is to prevent users to modify access to their network.

Thats how I understand this NOSH issue.
Of course if u can and able to use CLI on NOSH type bins, thats OK, I am not saying u can not do it.
As for thinking outside the box, he he he, it is very immaterial, everybody has different way of thinking, first , u have to define what thinking outside of the box mean......so discussing that issue is a moot point here.....
People should STOP depending on others to reach there goals
uuuuuuwaw, so tell me, what for this or other public forums are, If I know everything, I would not be here at first place.

Exchange info, help each other, make deeper understanding of problems, and calling somebody free loader doesn't get u anywhere.

taking example from Master RAT and his attitude ??????
Yeah, be my guest....., just follow his footstep...... we'll see how far u gonna get with that......
Look Capone, I alwayes read your posts and appreciate your help and expertise but jumping on somebody's way of doing things, ...... , eh, thats enough, I am not looking for any fight or sensless discussion here
------------
Thanks Andy for your input.
I am not any dealer, never sold anything to anybody in my life.
Just happen to bit on one item on Ebay, and won 5 of them.
They were just returns, so do not know f u you want to play with that type of items.
They were returned for different problems, some of it were market on the BOX.
They were packed in the original Motorola boxes.
This one which was marked: goes off every few hours, comes on line, and for me work somehow, Of course I do not know if it goes off/on, cause I never sit at the modem for more than 2 hours.

Speed is kind of low, about 20 down, and 12 up, do not know why, didn't open that modem and dump bin to find out.
Was able in the past to get better speed with 5100 or 5101.
but what strange thing it is, dns server for that modem is 75.75.75.75
I suspect why this is done that way, but can not confirm in any way at the present moment. And this is not forum for that kind of discussion.
Look Andy, if I know how to sell this modem to you without exposing my address and name, I would probably do, at this moment I do not know.
Thanx again for your input with noisy bootloader.
My eyes are really bad, so if u have chance to post how to open this box, I would appreciate, do not want to break it up, already took this 4 screws, and have to use magnify glasses to find out.
It would save me time and trouble, otherwise I am gonna probably break something.
Those modems looks like a brand new, all of them.

One I have to send to Euroland, so my friend is gonna pass it to Tom/UD, who did bin for the 5100 modem.
And they want to pull out of the box and send only motherboard, so that way they wouldn't pay taxes.
Maybee, he will do something with that soft.
And of course, I have to open all of them, to pull dumps, it might help them to modify the eCos, so would be easier to get online with just GUI.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

marthypaul wrote:if modem have NOSH in their bin name, it is impossible to use shell or CLI for that matter.
if u can use CLI for that kind of bin, then kudos to you.
Reason for bins for modem with NOSH is to prevent users to modify access to their network.

Thats how I understand this NOSH issue.
Of course if u can and able to use CLI on NOSH type bins, thats OK, I am not saying u can not do it.
As for thinking outside the box, he he he, it is very immaterial, everybody has different way of thinking, first , u have to define what thinking outside of the box mean......so discussing that issue is a moot point here.....

uuuuuuwaw, so tell me, what for this or other public forums are, If I know everything, I would not be here at first place.

Exchange info, help each other, make deeper understanding of problems, and calling somebody free loader doesn't get u anywhere.

taking example from Master RAT and his attitude ??????
Yeah, be my guest....., just follow his footstep...... we'll see how far u gonna get with that......
Look Capone, I alwayes read your posts and appreciate your help and expertise but jumping on somebody's way of doing things, ...... , eh, thats enough, I am not looking for any fight or sensless discussion here
------------
Thanks Andy for your input.
I am not any dealer, never sold anything to anybody in my life.
Just happen to bit on one item on Ebay, and won 5 of them.
They were just returns, so do not know f u you want to play with that type of items.
They were returned for different problems, some of it were market on the BOX.
They were packed in the original Motorola boxes.
This one which was marked: goes off every few hours, comes on line, and for me work somehow, Of course I do not know if it goes off/on, cause I never sit at the modem for more than 2 hours.

Speed is kind of low, about 20 down, and 12 up, do not know why, didn't open that modem and dump bin to find out.
Was able in the past to get better speed with 5100 or 5101.
but what strange thing it is, dns server for that modem is 75.75.75.75
I suspect why this is done that way, but can not confirm in any way at the present moment. And this is not forum for that kind of discussion.
Look Andy, if I know how to sell this modem to you without exposing my address and name, I would probably do, at this moment I do not know.
Thanx again for your input with noisy bootloader.
My eyes are really bad, so if u have chance to post how to open this box, I would appreciate, do not want to break it up, already took this 4 screws, and have to use magnify glasses to find out.
It would save me time and trouble, otherwise I am gonna probably break something.
Those modems looks like a brand new, all of them.

One I have to send to Euroland, so my friend is gonna pass it to Tom/UD, who did bin for the 5100 modem.
And they want to pull out of the box and send only motherboard, so that way they wouldn't pay taxes.
Maybee, he will do something with that soft.
And of course, I have to open all of them, to pull dumps, it might help them to modify the eCos, so would be easier to get online with just GUI.
Who is MISTER RAT? As for the NOSH or not NOSH, I don't think I need to tell you how or What. That's what I was referring to when I said about people depending on others. People always over complicate things when there's no need to........

I also have seen the dns server at 75.75.75.75 and that has not affected the Speeds for 5100 or 5101 on my END.