All NVRAM requests go here.
guestfrom

plat 0357

Post by guestfrom »

need full back dc700 up with plat 0357 plus nvram ch18, merlose park, IL
thanks
keja

Post by keja »

guestfrom wrote:need full back dc700 up with plat 0357 plus nvram ch18, merlose park, IL
thanks
lol, welcome to the forum.
Killswitch

Locals

Post by Killswitch »

Welcome to You, Kind Sir! Still no Witchcraft in this part of town but, after relocating into a different zone of what is, in Comcast terms, NorthEast Phila (still a local NVRAM) my Guide will NOT load and run, This is because the MultiCast Address pool is NOT CONNECTED. We're definitely at the point of Rocket Science where I'll need a NASA engineer to pump answers. At my old adderss near NE Airport, KevvKev's files were exactly what the Doctor ordered. Every app in the Diags Menu was enabled . They're still enabled but the Guide won't run because the MCA's are empty. What I need to do can't be researched regardless of what any nameless poster will say. I need to use NVTOOL to edit a certain string to reconnect the MCA in the Menu so that the Guide CAN load. I've read Kev's NVRAM and I'm reading Latin - a language no longer being used in the real world. Wouldn't know where to even begin to find this string. Maybe at the public Library. This is pure comedy. And, somehow, I'm not surprised.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Welcome to You, Kind Sir! Still no Witchcraft in this part of town but, after relocating into a different zone of what is, in Comcast terms, NorthEast Phila (still a local NVRAM) my Guide will NOT load and run, This is because the MultiCast Address pool is NOT CONNECTED. We're definitely at the point of Rocket Science where I'll need a NASA engineer to pump answers. At my old adderss near NE Airport, KevvKev's files were exactly what the Doctor ordered. Every app in the Diags Menu was enabled . They're still enabled but the Guide won't run because the MCA's are empty. What I need to do can't be researched regardless of what any nameless poster will say. I need to use NVTOOL to edit a certain string to reconnect the MCA in the Menu so that the Guide CAN load. I've read Kev's NVRAM and I'm reading Latin - a language no longer being used in the real world. Wouldn't know where to even begin to find this string. Maybe at the public Library. This is pure comedy. And, somehow, I'm not surprised.
What you can do with nvram tool can be done with hex editor. the nvram tool is just an IDIOT Proof proggy USBBDM or another member here put together to make things easier for people that can't think outside the box.

Your problem is not as difficult as you see it and very simple to fix. The way you look at the problem is exactly what is keeping you from fixing it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Mca

Post by Killswitch »

Wow-w! Posting this is a total conflict of interest. You'll tell me to snag a fresh NVRAM and Restore and I'll get the Guide. Do you know how long it took to find somebody around here that had anything for an Older Board in NE Phila ? Answer - 2 1/2 years! Let's be honest about this : you're close to the Status Quo of BDM with Testing 2224/2244's. I've had two (2) members tell me that it's a specialty of yours. If this is true (and it IS ) I'll let you walk me thru the Teamviewer scenario one of these days. The easy way out would be to go back to my old Hood and let it take an Update. As far as I know, there is NO conceivable way to get an ET box on an unsubscribed line to take a Hit. This line drained my MCA's and stole my Guide. All the channels are still intact. I guess that asking a neighbor from the old Hood is outside the box. I would be willing to bet and lay odds that even you don't know the address for where to edit the NVRAM to reconnect the MCA pool. Targeting the problem at this level is a bit far fetched, isn't it ??
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MoonGoon wrote:Wow-w! Posting this is a total conflict of interest. You'll tell me to snag a fresh NVRAM and Restore and I'll get the Guide. Do you know how long it took to find somebody around here that had anything for an Older Board in NE Phila ? Answer - 2 1/2 years! Let's be honest about this : you're close to the Status Quo of BDM with Testing 2224/2244's. I've had two (2) members tell me that it's a specialty of yours. If this is true (and it IS ) I'll let you walk me thru the Teamviewer scenario one of these days. The easy way out would be to go back to my old Hood and let it take an Update. As far as I know, there is NO conceivable way to get an ET box on an unsubscribed line to take a Hit. This line drained my MCA's and stole my Guide. All the channels are still intact. I guess that asking a neighbor from the old Hood is outside the box. I would be willing to bet and lay odds that even you don't know the address for where to edit the NVRAM to reconnect the MCA pool. Targeting the problem at this level is a bit far fetched, isn't it ??
i know for a FACT that you CAN take a hit from an unsubscribed line..having a sub has NOTHING to do with taking a hit..all the caco does is send a hit down the pipes, and whatever boxes the hit is for will take the new firmware. this is 1000% true and correct buddy....so forget that part..

if you can take that box to your old hood and plug it into a neightbors house it would be the best thing for you to do. that way you can see that when you bring it back there what the box actually does, we can see if that guide comes back for you or not. i have a feeling i know what will happen when you bring it back to that area. and i think you will be surprised as to what happens..

now this thread HAS been not only highjacked but also thrown WAY off topic! going to close it. if this conversation is to continue lets start a new thread and make sure it says on topic..

thanks,
live your life like a beer commericial