Cogeco

All NVRAM requests go here.
ethics

Post by ethics »

I concur...docsis 3.0 is awesome!!!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ethics wrote:I concur...docsis 3.0 is awesome!!!
YES Indeed they are...........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, does seem that way from what I've read. Some folks have seen speeds triple. Right now, my 5101U (stock) peaks at 24 down and 5 Up. I'm casually wondering how much increase I'll see if I load Haxoware v1.1 rev39 onto this badboy. Wonder if it'll reach 30Mbs ?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Yes, does seem that way from what I've read. Some folks have seen speeds triple. Right now, my 5101U (stock) peaks at 24 down and 5 Up. I'm casually wondering how much increase I'll see if I load Haxoware v1.1 rev39 onto this badboy. Wonder if it'll reach 30Mbs ?
With or without Haxo Docsis 2.0 reach speeds of 34 to 35 on Download and 10 to 15 on Upload with Speedtier Extream Configs. That's pretty much the MAX they can handle...........
In other words the Speed has NOTHING AT ALL to do with HAXOWARE......
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

xxxxxxxxxx
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Skyhigh wrote:with D2 the max down would be 30-35 ...u need a d3 to reach 50 and higher since channel bonding is needed..
the 54 was a typo. was to be 34-35 Download. Clearly it would never support speeds of 50 or more.
chris85

Post by chris85 »

sorry to bump an old thread, but i am in the cogeco area as well. done some testing on the sb5101, and have a 6120 on the way. also just started playing with a dct700 that i bought used and already made the noob mistake of cold resetting the box lol, but i have a friend that i'm sure will let me borrow his unit for a day if i need it.

my game plan for the dct700 is just to receive the unencrypted channels in a more organized manner. i can get around 50-60 digital cable channels on my hd tv just by scanning, but the renumbering is all messed up.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

chris85 wrote:sorry to bump an old thread, but i am in the cogeco area as well. done some testing on the sb5101, and have a 6120 on the way. also just started playing with a dct700 that i bought used and already made the noob mistake of cold resetting the box lol, but i have a friend that i'm sure will let me borrow his unit for a day if i need it.

my game plan for the dct700 is just to receive the unencrypted channels in a more organized manner. i can get around 50-60 digital cable channels on my hd tv just by scanning, but the renumbering is all messed up.
what are you gonna do with that? the procedure you have to follow to get the 700 up and working is a simple one....but if you already lost the channels on that box then your gonna have to sub to get them back....YOU CANNOT CLONE boxes....wont work
live your life like a beer commericial
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Why is everyone so negative? Can't do is not an option in my book. It's not a secret just have to pay attention.
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

I applaud being optimistic. I was that way until April of this year. Then, I got hit with a Key change. When YOU get hit with a Key change, you'll wobble around for a little while and then become HUMBLE. You'll have to Sub the box. Tajke my wiord for it. There are a few issues here that cannot be resolved easily. Or, at all.
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

Killswitch,
"There are a few issues here that cannot be resolved easily" If it was easy then everyone can do it. Like Capone has said may times in the pass, "Only a hand full can accomplish the task" but if you try then you can over come the issue.

I play the game everyday and also fail, but continue to play and then learn from my mistakes. I keep a journal to remind me where i went wrong.

I still remember the day that the computers in the pentagon was hacked (they say is was not possible) and just a couple of years ago they hacked the Internal Revenue.

Just remember it was a human that created the program.
chris85

Post by chris85 »

I'm not after the High Definition channels. all I'm saying is that I can see all the unencrypted channels with digital tuner that is built in. my goal for the DCT 700 is to get all these channels but more organized. that being said what I hope to achieve should not require the keys. all I would need my friends box for is to extract the channel list and put it into my own.
Wolfgang

Post by Wolfgang »

chris85 wrote:I would need my friends box for is to extract the channel list and put it into my own.
I thought you mentioned that you did cold reset the box and lost the channels. Did you use the code 328 to reset the box or you did it some other way? Does your box receive the channels now but in an order you don't like or you currently get nothing? You sound a little bit confusing. When you do reset the box you lose all the channels including the clear QAM channels. After that the box must be initialized in order to get the current channel map yet what channels you receive depend on what were your last keys when you unsubbed.
[email protected] wrote:
I play the game everyday and also fail, but continue to play and then learn from my mistakes. I keep a journal to remind me where i went wrong.
I like your way of thinking, I wish I was more optimist like you. Good luck.
chris85

Post by chris85 »

i used code 3-2-8. all i really need is the channel map for my area. there are at least 50 channels that arent encrypted, as i can watch them on my digital tv, but there is no program guide, hence the dct700. as for the premium channels, i get them via satellite for free.

anyway, i just wanted to let the op know that he is not alone with cogeco, and if i ever get anywhere with this i will share my findings.