Power Reset Loop

Backup of earlier posts.
andak

Power Reset Loop

Post by andak »

I have auth_block my box 2 month ago after authorization and it was working fine having all channel I want. Been doing some furniture re-arrangement and unplug box from power wall oulet. Now box is going to power reset loop and it wont come on. I'm thingking to reset it to "0" to display and load my backup and then use spireplay to load auth01.bin. Any other suggestion how to make my box working again.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

NVRAM corruption is possible to cause the power-loop. Try to restore your original NVRAM and also check if flash firmware is damaged.
andak

Post by andak »

Restore backup easy enough to do...well do. Check damage firmware, how will you do that? Can I just reflash again authblock firmware.
cipher

Post by cipher »

To check the firmware just backup the current one and do a hex compare with hex workshop or some other hex tool to the original authblock file.
andak

Post by andak »

NVRAM was corrupted, fixed problem by flashing with good backup NVRAM. Thanks also for suggesting hex tool to check if files are corrupted. I notice that on the usbbdm apps you could compare this files by simply ldram each files and look at the character being shown on the apps table. Difference was apparent by just looking. Also, I still was able to keep all my premium channel, check them and all are accounted for. :D. Never had to spi auth00.bin.