Nvram and firmware help

Backup of earlier posts.
Cbytes

Nvram and firmware help

Post by Cbytes »

I got a good copy of my nvram which lets me get the music channels and any free digital channels as well as analoge channels, but I dont get any premium channels at all. Ondemand works just fine for the pay per view but wont let me view any of the premium channels, is there any way to edit the nvram to allow me access to these premium channels??

Also im runing the old version dct2000 board, not the ch4 or the p1-5 or whatever what firmware should i use, right now im using the stock firmware which seems to be working fine, when i have a problem reloading the nvram fixes it up just fine.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

if the xc chip isn't auth'd for the premium channels you won't get them. there is no way to edit nvram to turn them on. changing your firmware won't do anything for you.
Cbytes

Post by Cbytes »

So, if comcast wont let me use this box on a paid account, then there is no way for channels to be authed at this moment in time?? Eventhough this box is from my area, they still said I had to rent a box from them. Also, if i change my firmware, they cant deactivate my access to the VOD service or the free week of all the starz channels right?
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

if you change it to the auth block firmware you should be fine. not sure about vod as it's a 2way application. either way if it's a local box and they shut it down you would be able to connect it again.
Cbytes

Post by Cbytes »

Thanks man, i will try out the authblock firmware.
tester5

Post by tester5 »

that vod will work make sure you save the files and everytime your vod wont connect u can reset everything back. what city you live in send me a messege with city name maibe i can help you out