How to program a vergin flash (PH7/8/9)?

Backup of earlier posts.
usbbdm

How to program a vergin flash (PH7/8/9)?

Post by usbbdm »

If for some reason your flash has been damaged and normal re-Program flash will not work. Here is how to get recovered.

Code: Select all

reset 1 
(Read the A7 and RPC, If R7 is not 200xxx you MUST do the following,

r a7 200400
r rpc 468
)
Then you can do the normal

init
ldram code
flshdct code
program code
This can save back your box. Now we know PH7/8/9 need good EEPROM data, so make sure your data from 404000 length 100 has the proper data.

I hope this can save people that accidentally erase the flash and have the box sitting there forever.
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

Post by FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY »

bd ,it worked . hahah ,your good.ok but i didnt tell you i had two of them that i messed up the boot . ph8 was successfull. a ph7 was to a certain point. it goes on now but its e 11 status. before i messed up the boot im pretty sure(99%) it never said e 11. just letting you know it may not be a command from cc and its from a programming error at least in my situation .thanks for the help. i need to go read e 11 posts.:)
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

take your E11 box and put it aside for now as it's not fixable. here is a quote from a post made by cipher not long ago:

In order to fix an E11 state the following would have to happen.

1. The address and seed programming XC command sequences need to be found by trialing thousands of possible values.

2. The seeds need to be brute forced by a series of steps which take a considerable amount of time (months).

This is a complex and difficult task. I am working on it. It is possible but don't hold your breath.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY wrote:bd ,it worked . hahah ,your good.ok but i didnt tell you i had two of them that i messed up the boot . ph8 was successfull. a ph7 was to a certain point. it goes on now but its e 11 status. before i messed up the boot im pretty sure(99%) it never said e 11. just letting you know it may not be a command from cc and its from a programming error at least in my situation .thanks for the help. i need to go read e 11 posts.:)
E11 can be used for VOD with faked unit address. It has been proven working.
FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY

Post by FANTASYCABLEGUYREADY »

vod is better than putting it under the bed ,i think its out of my league at the moment . still trying to get premiums going. im in no rush ,trying to understand what im doing instead of just doing it.i will take pats fan advice and put that aside for now untill i run into the proper post.i figure i will have around 300 posts before i know what im doing so i have a little ways to go.i did see vod posts ,one thing i notice about the posts they seem to get cut off /not continue. maybe its me .you pros make us newbies work .:).not as hard as you though!
jamia744

clone a box

Post by jamia744 »

read the forum
jamia744

Post by jamia744 »

Read the forum