SPI replay success!!

Backup of earlier posts.
usbbdm

SPI replay success!!

Post by usbbdm »

I have usefully replay the SPI command and have the channel authorized.

Here is how I did.
1. I called the cable company say I want to have a premium channel and they authorized it. (For some reason, they also add more PPV credit to it). I used special firmware so all the SPI command/response goes to my computer.
2. A few days latter I called say I do not want this channel.

3. Use SPI commander to play the SPI command from step 1. The channel I asked now come back again.

More investigation needs to be done but this is a good step. To increase the PPV credit uses the same command.

If you want to do this, make sure you practice the SPI log and SPI command before you call them. The SPI command now only work on the same box you subscribed.
Phredog

Post by Phredog »

Can we see the logs??

Very cool!
: )
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Phredog wrote:Can we see the logs??

Very cool!
I will not post logs here since it is public and cable co will see which box it is.
patsfan

Post by patsfan »

there must be a way to separate the spi command from the box specific code. did the auth command come with the unit id attatched?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I do not see the unit ID is in the auth command. But the CRC seems to use the unit to compute so replay to another box failed.
twistedps

Post by twistedps »

damn, good job man, i always enjoy hearing about the process!
mamboswing

Post by mamboswing »

nice job man, keep up the good work
geekygizmo

Post by geekygizmo »

SPI commands are encripted using a seed key in the XC and known by the cable company, embeded in the commands will be the unique box code so any posted logs can be reversed by the CC and they will know who did it. This system also will not allow your spi code to be used in any other box. There are of course some unencripted commands and data but the meat will all be encripted.

This is great work!
SC* and 4dtv could be next!

GG
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

geekygizmo wrote:SPI commands are encripted using a seed key in the XC and known by the cable company, embeded in the commands will be the unique box code so any posted logs can be reversed by the CC and they will know who did it. This system also will not allow your spi code to be used in any other box. There are of course some unencripted commands and data but the meat will all be encripted.

This is great work!
SC* and 4dtv could be next!

GG
Thank you. Will remove the detail in the video.