Guide to understand the lingo

Backup of earlier posts.
wickedcid

Guide to understand the lingo

Post by wickedcid »

Hey guys and possible gals i was just wondering as i am new to the cable aspect of things as i am a satellite guy, now with that said is there a guide or read me as i think the first step in understanding is what info plat and nvram hold and what can be taken from a supped box and used usefully with a test box etc. What changes we need to make to try and have some success but understanding what you are doing when you do it is needed. In satellite you take a dump alter the info to suit your needs and write it back so i would love to understand more....Do not want spoon feeding just point me in the right direction is all Thanks in advance.

Cid
prence18

read

Post by prence18 »

search the forum and read as much as you can. look at the left sife of the web page, it has a lot of info that can help.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

wickedcid wrote:Hey guys and possible gals i was just wondering as i am new to the cable aspect of things as i am a satellite guy, now with that said is there a guide or read me as i think the first step in understanding is what info plat and nvram hold and what can be taken from a supped box and used usefully with a test box etc. What changes we need to make to try and have some success but understanding what you are doing when you do it is needed. In satellite you take a dump alter the info to suit your needs and write it back so i would love to understand more....Do not want spoon feeding just point me in the right direction is all Thanks in advance.

Cid
The First thing you Need to do Is forget All you Know about Satellite and Start from Scratch. This is a hole new ball game Buddy.

And read Alot Buddy.