authorized channel 575 and 576 do not work in other area

Backup of earlier posts.
marthypaul

authorized channel 575 and 576 do not work in other area

Post by marthypaul »

My friend went on vacation for 3 weeks. He had dct 700 with basic plus polish pack -->675 tvPol and 676 tvpInfo
South chicago, close to dwntwn.
He lent me this box to use it while he is on vacation.

I am in NW In, Hammond.
Made a good backup and fire up this baby, channels lineup are the same for my area, so these two channels shows up in the guide, with proper info, and this dreaded msge pops out: this channel will be available shortly.

I have checked guide with sat receiver for those two channels, they were identical.

So here is first question:
1. why these channels didn't comes on in my area???
They were authorized for this box.
2. Checked nvram in nvtool and total # of channels were around 500, last was 506, and that 675 and 676 were not even listed, although they were authorized.
3. all channels gave the same info, will be available shortly, at least the channels I have checked, and it was plenty of them

===============

So next I have loded only Nvram for my area.
Nothing comes out.

===============

So next I have loaded everything, all tabs, except boot for my area, boot were 309 and plat 346, same what he had.

Now I have plenty of channels, much more than he had in the original location.
But this time for the channel 675 and 676 message shows up:
Not authorized

Anybody would give me any clue what other experiments/tries should I perform on this dct700 box, to get these 675 and 676 ?????

Have also backup of this box made in Feb, think it is identical, although I didn't compared those files in Hex compare.

My final question:
Is it fair to assume, that all these authorizations for the channels are burried in the tabs somewhere: boot, plat, app 1..4, rsvd ???
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The keys are in XC chip. Not in NVRAM/plat/boot. The CC had changed keys and the XC chip is not authed with new channels. That is why those channels are lost.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

usbbdm wrote:The keys are in XC chip. Not in NVRAM/plat/boot. The CC had changed keys and the XC chip is not authed with new channels. That is why those channels are lost.
I am not talking about any new channels, only authorized channels.
So is it means, that when I bring back my friend dct700 box to my friend house after 3 weeks, that these channels 675 and 676 are not gonna work ???

===================

Made another experiment, had box dct700, bought on ebay from Giorgia, basic package.

Loaded backup of my friend box on it.
Within 10 min guide come on perfectly, linup of channels is the same as in Chgo, but all channels come with this dreaded msge:One moment please,...., S0a00. So none of the channels works, only guide.

Then loaded only nvram for Hammond.
Plenty of channels shows up, but 675 and 676 are still not authorized.

So the difference between chgo nvram and hammond nvram is:
1. chicago nvram gives only guide working and message: channel will be shortly on all channels
2. hammond nvram gives guide and plenty of channels open, much more than basic, but 675 and 676 still not authorized
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

I have looked at diag screen, #7

So I have noticed the following :
1. guide comes out on both: chicago nvram and hammond nvram
2. on chicago nvram channels don't come up
3. on hammond nvram channels comes up, plenty of them
4. each channel has it special frequency-->diag screen #7
channel # | chgo nvram | hammond nvram
---------- | -------------- |--------------------
channel 676 | 477000 | 345000
channel 2 | 489000 | 567000

That explained me why channels didn't come up on chicago nvram, because those frequencies in nvram, and not because channels were deauthorized.

So I bet that if I go to chicago and hook up this box, channels 675 and 676 are gonna work.
So my assumption is that frequencies are somehow embeded in the authorization key/code.

Now authorization reason (diag 7), chan 675, 0x40 0x00
service status 0 ID 0x36A0 0x00

Now same for channel 2, 0x00 0x00
service status _ ID 0x0001 _

Anybody played with that, anybody knows where to change it and if is gonna have any effect ????