4-digit Lock

Backup of earlier posts.
Darkkeep

4-digit Lock

Post by Darkkeep »

I've got one for ya...
I flashed the PH8 with the firmware, then setram with the ph NVram. Then I clicked connectbox, did a ldram 200000 of my area and programed it with the setram 200000 c000...of course after I cleared the PPV. Well, now I get this nice little screen on all channels. The map is correct for my area, except for analog. Any takers on how to defeat this? Or is this a parental lock? It never showed up before, and after a few mess up's...it tells me to contact CC or try again later.

Ok...in the menu there is a pin lock funcction. But no combination works. Could this be changed in the nvram somewhere?
Darkkeep

Post by Darkkeep »

Ok...I take it that no one else has came across this problem. I would think there would be a way to dump this lock. Does anyone know the memory location in the NVram or firmware to remove this lock? It seemed to appear when I applied the local ram. I know very little about this. The channel map is correct...but the pin lock appeared after local map setram 200000 c000 was placed. Would this be the ram area of 200000 to 20c000? That's a lot of info to decipher. I did make a ASM file that I can view with Visual Studio.net
cipher

Post by cipher »

darkkeep,

I have located the address for the PIN Lock you will find it stored as character data in the range of 30.....39 representing 0-9 at address 2009A0. Set it to FF FF FF FF and you should be ok. This 16 Byte block should be all FF on a default config.

Remember allways backup before you play....

Have fun...
Darkkeep

Post by Darkkeep »

I always do...thanks for the help cipher.
Darkkeep

Post by Darkkeep »

882, 883, 884 and 885 in the NVram reflects 1025. When I changed the area you specified, the DCT would not initialize, when it did it set to reboot. When Ever After is over, I will check to see if that is the unlock code.

Not doubting, you information. Maybe I am doing something wrong.
swordfish62

Post by swordfish62 »

Darkeep, in the DCT testing command tab, if you scroll it down, you will see a command that says:" Clear Pin" give it a try, may be it might help you clear the parental control.

Of course, in order for it to work, be sure to load the nvram first into the program and try to execute the above command.

good luck
Darkkeep

Post by Darkkeep »

I was wondering about the clear pin...so, I load the local nvram then clear pin and finally setram, right?
swordfish62

Post by swordfish62 »

Yes Darkeep, try it that way, and see if it works.
Darkkeep

Post by Darkkeep »

I was correct, in the PH8 or in my channel map...the area that reflects the pin is in 200880, 00 00 31 30 32 35 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF. In the area that shows the ascii it say's 1025. When I entered this number in, the pin lock disappeared. I am sure the reset pin would work as well.

Thank you cipher for pointing me in the area and swordfish62 for explaining the reset pin method.

For new member's, if it takes a while to get a response...be patient. Someone will help.
cipher

Post by cipher »

darkkeep,

It looks like a dynamic location, I have all zeros at 200880. Never the less, usbbdm has created code to fix it using the table address pointer rather than a fixed address. In your case you were clever and found it at 200880.

Glad to hear your good to go.
Darkkeep

Post by Darkkeep »

Well, people like you, patsfan, usbbdm and swordfish62 make it worth while. Thanks for all your help. Looking forward to days to come. I need to polish up on the external DVR alternative. Won't post the name for search engine reasons.
Haloplaya

Post by Haloplaya »

i actually just encountered a similar problem, and all it was, was the auto lock , for power outages . because the channel ratings had not yet been downloaded. i just turned it off, and it workd fine.
this probably had nothing to do with your problem, but thats my input. later
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Just use clear PIN of the BDM software should clear all the PIN set previously.