azbox elite

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
happyhammer

Post by happyhammer »

usbbdm wrote:He mentioned that he need to do something to enable JTAG. I see the TDI pin is not enabled. That is why it will not work.
Yes, there is a "jtag enable" jumper populated on the board, I have this shorted already.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

happyhammer wrote:Yes, there is a "jtag enable" jumper populated on the board, I have this shorted already.
Still if you see IMPCODE 0xfffffff that means it has something wrong with TDI.
happyhammer

Post by happyhammer »

usbbdm wrote:Still if you see IMPCODE 0xfffffff that means it has something wrong with TDI.
do you mean hardware wise? like a track cut or no pull-up resistor? i ask because the jtag appeared to be working to some extent because it detected the CPU alright, IDCODE 08630001.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Not on JTAG NT module. You can detect the CPU without TDI pin. But for others to work TDI pin must be working.
happyhammer

Post by happyhammer »

i will try to trace tracks later, but first i connected 6 wires and GND from usbjtagnt to Jtag on board and measured with multimeter at the usbjtagnt connector. I have a faulty premium that normally fails to get past its initial check, but on one occasion it did and i used usbjtag to program flash, so its jtag interface should be ok to compare results with. (even though this premium if faulty, it does recognise the IMPCODE). dunno if this helps.

premium elite
pin 1 3.5v 3.5v
pin 3 mv 2.9v
pin 5 mv 3.2v
pin 7 mv mv
pin 9 3.5v 3.5v
pin 11 4.6v 3.3v

mv= low values of millivolts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

happyhammer wrote:i will try to trace tracks later, but first i connected 6 wires and GND from usbjtagnt to Jtag on board and measured with multimeter at the usbjtagnt connector. I have a faulty premium that normally fails to get past its initial check, but on one occasion it did and i used usbjtag to program flash, so its jtag interface should be ok to compare results with. (even though this premium if faulty, it does recognise the IMPCODE). dunno if this helps.

premium elite
pin 1 3.5v 3.5v
pin 3 mv 2.9v
pin 5 mv 3.2v
pin 7 mv mv
pin 9 3.5v 3.5v
pin 11 4.6v 3.3v

mv= low values of millivolts
No I don't think that would be of Much Help. Have you thought ab out trying a different One? Maybe this one is F**ked.....
happyhammer

Post by happyhammer »

i have a good elite and the USBJTAGNT gave the same results, so its not that this box is duff, its a case of getting the JTAG to work properly. easier said than done though.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

happyhammer wrote:i have a good elite and the USBJTAGNT gave the same results, so its not that this box is duff, its a case of getting the JTAG to work properly. easier said than done though.
Would be Easyer If I had One to Test with and Figure things Out. ;)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The JTAG signals are
TST,TDI,TMS,TCK (input to CPU)
TDO (output from CPU).
So if you measure you should get same result on TST,TDI,TMS,TCK and another result on TDO. Inputs to CPU normally have pull up resisters.
happyhammer

Post by happyhammer »

@usbbdm with the target powered up and no connection on the Jtag 14 pin header, TRST,TDI,TMS and TCK are all at 3.3v. TDO is at 12 mv. all measured on the header
merkin

Post by merkin »

You are lucky the jtag pins are on outer edge of BGA for SMP8634/5

http://t-hack.com/wiki/index.php/EJTAG_on_SMP

Good Luck!
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:You are lucky the jtag pins are on outer edge of BGA for SMP8634/5

http://t-hack.com/wiki/index.php/EJTAG_on_SMP

Good Luck!
LUCKY? LOL If he has the Skills to solder to that. LOL I bet 99% of members here Don't have that Kind of Skill. :D
merkin

Post by merkin »

CAPONE wrote:LUCKY? LOL If he has the Skills to solder to that. LOL I bet 99% of members here Don't have that Kind of Skill. :D
But he could use to test continuity since he has a jtag header.

I have done SSOP before. I think the smp8634 soldering would be even harder. Glad my smp8634 box has headers (thanks wegener comm, you damn thieves).

@happyhammer
I also remember reading that the jtag header also functions as a secondary UART for logging.
There may be another jumper which enables JTAG or UART2.

For anyone else following this thread here is all the smp8634/5 info.

http://www.2shared.com/file/hME_wczL/SMP8634_DOC.html
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

happyhammer wrote:@usbbdm with the target powered up and no connection on the Jtag 14 pin header, TRST,TDI,TMS and TCK are all at 3.3v. TDO is at 12 mv. all measured on the header
This looks correct. TDO normally is low.

I normally will try some "tap" commands to check it gets some data back instead of all ffs or all 00s.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

merkin wrote:But he could use to test continuity since he has a jtag header.

I have done SSOP before. I think the smp8634 soldering would be even harder. Glad my smp8634 box has headers (thanks wegener comm, you damn thieves).

@happyhammer
I also remember reading that the jtag header also functions as a secondary UART for logging.
There may be another jumper which enables JTAG or UART2.

For anyone else following this thread here is all the smp8634/5 info.

http://www.2shared.com/file/hME_wczL/SMP8634_DOC.html
money2010 wrote:att uverse iptv vip 1225 sigma chip smp8634lf found this but don't know if it need to be rs232 or e-jtag would appreciate any help just testing to see see if usb jtag will work (http://www.pristavka.de/index.php?topic=6061.0) this is the only link or info that i have found that may work but need to know if possible.
Here seams to Be some related Info Also Posted By Money2010.