jtag receiver sti 7101

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
postit

jtag receiver sti 7101

Post by postit »

Hello
I have a receiver that I want to make a jtag, it is equipped with an STi7101, when I connect on usbjtag mode st40 and SV8000 or B600V4 and I run detect the chip I recognize him as a 5202 STi and I have no connection to the receiver.

Thank you for your help
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

postit wrote:Hello
I have a receiver that I want to make a jtag, it is equipped with an STi7101, when I connect on usbjtag mode st40 and SV8000 or B600V4 and I run detect the chip I recognize him as a 5202 STi and I have no connection to the receiver.

Thank you for your help
You have a Reciever you want to JTAG, No Make JTAG, And you say you have No Connection to Reciever. This Make s No Sence at All. How you get Recogniize If you have no Connection to Reciever?
Can you please Explane Better so we can Help you?
postit

Post by postit »

I think I have a connection because it tells me that the processor is sti5202 while the processor is a sti7101, but after identifying the witness in the bottom right of the software remains on box off and I can not go further.
forgiveness for my English because it is not my language

thank you
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

postit wrote:I think I have a connection because it tells me that the processor is sti5202 while the processor is a sti7101, but after identifying the witness in the bottom right of the software remains on box off and I can not go further.

thank you
I can tell Buddy. Is the Box DEAD or is it in good Working Condition?
Matter of Fact Why don't you Install TeamView as this it may be a Better way to Help you.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

postit wrote:I think I have a connection because it tells me that the processor is sti5202 while the processor is a sti7101, but after identifying the witness in the bottom right of the software remains on box off and I can not go further.

thank you
Please check carefully the connection. TRST is on pin 13 of NT.
ALso you should click detect RIGHT AFTER power on the box. This should be done within 0.5 to 1 second.

Please copy and paste the output. The CPU is defined in vender.xml and if there is mistake that can be fixed.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

postit wrote:Hello

Thank you for your help
If you need remote help let me know and I am interested to take a look of your target.
postit

Post by postit »

nothing to do, I recognize the usbjtag as a sti5202 and the software remains on box off
postit

Post by postit »

Hello, I am looking for full datasheet of the STI 7101, if you have that, I'm interested
thank you
jumax

Post by jumax »

I all,

i have exactly the same problem..

my receiver based on Sti7101 is seen as Sti5202 and it's not possible to read data from target..

Possible to help me about that ?

thanks.

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Which box is this? If you do not see TRAP ON you cannot read anything from it. What is your hardware ID?
jumax

Post by jumax »

Hi,

Box is Strong SRT 7400 HD,

Hardware ID is DTS6620V11100663M

PS : other thing, my receiver reboot when i press F1, same thing as Madface in this thread : http://usbjtag.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?t=7363

Note that i use pin 13 for TRST and not pin1
If i remove Reset wire, box don't reboot when i press F1 but still no TRAP ON
jumax

Post by jumax »

Hum,

as there is no answer to my post here, i solved my problem with another Jtag adapter.

So i do not recommend to buy an UsbJtag adapter that have no user support, but rather a TIAO USB Multi Protocol Adapter...
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jumax wrote:Hum,

as there is no answer to my post here, i solved my problem with another Jtag adapter.

So i do not recommend to buy an UsbJtag adapter that have no user support, but rather a TIAO USB Multi Protocol Adapter...
Simply your box is not supported. Nor I have the target to play with. ST40 is recently supported and only two targets tested.
http://www.avi-plus.com/ had tested on his target and it worked.
However if I get more target to play with I might be able to add more support to ST40 family.
So far the donation boxes I received do not have proper JTAG populated.