STB based on STi5202

JTAG on Dish Receivers.
bgonev

STB based on STi5202

Post by bgonev »

Hi all,

I've tried to connect USBJTAGNT to a header that looks like jtag.. STB is STi5202 based. I've tried to connect to the board using B600V4 template and pinout wiring... But no success.. all the time it reports BOX OFF. The STB is Sagem ITAD83SD (IPTV + DVB-T). Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Boris
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You need
1. Post your connections.
2. Post your output window.
bgonev

Post by bgonev »

usbbdm wrote:You need
1. Post your connections.
2. Post your output window.

Here is How I connected on the header that I suppose to be 20-pin JTAG header..

And from the USB JTAG NT side I've used this pinout:

This is the capture from the software. Screen cap is taken after USB JTAG NT device was disconnected from mu laptop (that's why you'll see "USB Not Connected"). When connected I got only BOX OFF message..

I want to mention that cable is OK because I've successfully connected it to other STB that is STi5107 based.. (although In this STB I receive TRAP OFF, but it seems that it is because improper configuration in XML..)
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

When you get ffffffff it means there is connection issue.
Either JTAG port is not right or some pins are not connected (missing resistors). Untill you get valid CPUID then we can consider how to add support to it.
bgonev

Post by bgonev »

Do you have pinout of Sti5202 to check jtag lines ? I've tried to find on net but no success..
bgonev

Post by bgonev »

Here is what I guess that is part where jtag header lines lead in front of the SOC.. There is one smd place unpopulated (maybe resistor) ?

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

bgonev wrote:Do you have pinout of Sti5202 to check jtag lines ? I've tried to find on net but no success..
I am out of town now and will check if I have one when back home end of this week.
bgonev

Post by bgonev »

BUMP.. anything ?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

No. I do not have the device. So either I can do a remote session of you donate a device for me to test.
Sti5202 had been a success before.
bgonev

Post by bgonev »

I will donate it. Please send me shipping info.

EDIT: If anyone have pinout of STi5202, I can desolder it first to trace JTAG connections... Just to be sure that I'm using right wiring on the header that looks-like jtag connector.

BR
Boris
merkin

Post by merkin »

look at TDI trace on PCB..it goes in different direction that other tap signals.
maybe there is another device in the chain?

check and see if tap signals have pull-down resistors according to ST40 spec?
there is even a current limiting series resistor on TDO..

if you are willing to desolder cpu, just do it and see if tap signals are connected directly to the cpu. what do you have to lose trying?

if its not a jtag header and there is no other jtag header, you cannot hook up usbjtagnt anyway.
bgonev

Post by bgonev »

I need Pinout of STi5202 so when I desolder the chip to trace the lines. If someone have it, please post it.