DCT6412 watchdog giving me issues. hunt, ff 1-10.

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
MrRogers

DCT6412 watchdog giving me issues. hunt, ff 1-10.

Post by MrRogers »

Well I managed to get a FULL working dump from my other box (6412) now my issue has gotten worse, after attempting to load the full backup to the messed up box it stopped in the middle (which is where watchdog stopped me) I am assuming. So basically I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to help me out with reprogramming since everytime I check plat it gives me an error, so that is useless.

Any help is appreciated.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MassModz wrote:Well I managed to get a FULL working dump from my other box (6412) now my issue has gotten worse, after attempting to load the full backup to the messed up box it stopped in the middle (which is where watchdog stopped me) I am assuming. So basically I was wondering if anyone could be so kind as to help me out with reprogramming since everytime I check plat it gives me an error, so that is useless.

Any help is appreciated.
you stated the solution to your problem buddy ;)
live your life like a beer commericial
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:you stated the solution to your problem buddy ;)
That doesn't solve me getting errors in the same exact place though (after using commands as stated in another post), I need commands to reprogram the AllFlash as well as the plat without triggering watchdog.'

Anyone happen to have the commands?
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

This is the issue I am having, constantly in the SAME EXACT PLACE, any ideas? I programmed slow as you can tell.

log:

-detect
IDCODE 1703817F
Broadcom BCM7038
IMPCODE 40404001
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
Found Address= 9c000000 CFI Intel128
-ldram plat
C:/Users/virginia/Desktop/Hacking/Cable Boxes/DCT6412/Plat(working).bin loaded
-speed 1
-program 9cbc0000 3e0000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:18 (.507)
Program speed 686.94 KB/s
Program time 00:00:05 (.916)
Program pass, if no further programming needed, power off/on the target
-detect
IDCODE 1703817F
Broadcom BCM7038
IMPCODE 40404001
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
-program 9c7e0000 3e0000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:17 (.540)
Program speed 686.94 KB/s
Program time 00:00:05 (.917)
-detect
IDCODE 1703817F
Broadcom BCM7038
IMPCODE 40404001
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
-program 9c400000 3e0000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:17 (.121)
Program speed 188.10 KB/s
Program time 00:00:21 (.604)
-detect
IDCODE 1703817F
Broadcom BCM7038
IMPCODE 40404001
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
-program 9c200000 200000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:09 (.252)
Program speed 144.46 KB/s
Program time 00:00:14 (.518)
-detect
IDCODE 1703817F
Broadcom BCM7038
IMPCODE 40404001
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
-program 9c020000 100000
Erase starts...
Erase time 00:00:05 (.018)
Program speed 146.18 KB/s
Program time 00:00:07 (.175)
-detect
IDCODE 1703817F
Broadcom BCM7038
IMPCODE 40404001
EJTAG V1, V2.0
DMA not supoorted
-cmpram plat
Time 00:01:12 (.289)
Compare data Failed address 9C120000,target FF,PC memory 33
I JTAGGED your mom.

MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

All I really need is the commands to program in blocks the AllFlash. When I initially plug the unit in I get E609 followed by ff1, hunt, ff2, hunt, ff3, hunt, ff4, hunt... etc all the way up to 10.

Any help I appreciate it, USBBDM, any insight?

Specifically the exact commands to program the AllFlash back.
I JTAGGED your mom.

usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The watchdog can be disabled by
1. Power off the box.
2. Power on the box
3. Within 2 seconds, finish command "program"
You should see TRAP ON and stay there. Then the watchdog is disabled.

If your box is bricked. Then this method will not work. Just use "erase" and "sprogram" to program the boot first. Then it can go to TRAP ON and use faster method.

Regular box should consider use "TRAP ON" to do backup or programming. Do not reboot the box is the cmpram failed.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

usbbdm wrote:The watchdog can be disabled by
1. Power off the box.
2. Power on the box

If your box is bricked. Then this method will not work. Just use "erase" and "sprogram" to program the boot first. Then it can go to TRAP ON and use faster method.

Regular box should consider use "TRAP ON" to do backup or programming. Do not reboot the box is the cmpram failed.
Ok, thanks USBBDM, will give it a try and post back. Thanks for the info. :D
I JTAGGED your mom.

cherrymachine

f10 hunt

Post by cherrymachine »

the hunt is looking for the oob freq. you may have erased the oob freqs or its a verizon box

you also must have the cable line hooked up. it is looking to download or upgrade.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

cherrymachine wrote:the hunt is looking for the oob freq. you may have erased the oob freqs or its a verizon box

you also must have the cable line hooked up. it is looking to download or upgrade.
It probably did erase the OOB, since I tried doing an AllFlash from another working box and it failed midway, I bet it is bricked, now just trying to revive it. The erase boot, and sprogram does not seem to be helping. It hangs once it finishes erasing, then it flashes like 38kb/s and stops at about 25% of the way through.
I JTAGGED your mom.

MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

sprogram boot is giving me a hard time also. I can erase but sprogram hangs at about 25% and just sits there :/

EDIT: TUNDRA, I think your a lifesaver bro, allowing it to connect shows that it is dl'ing on the front panel which I assume is downloading all the needed files for the box to operate. Not sure what to do about the s0a00 though, I will try a full NVRAM again and see what happens. Will let you know soon.
I JTAGGED your mom.

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:The watchdog can be disabled by
1. Power off the box.
2. Power on the box

MassModz wrote:sprogram boot is giving me a hard time also. I can erase but sprogram hangs at about 25% and just sits there :/

EDIT: TUNDRA, I think your a lifesaver bro, allowing it to connect shows that it is dl'ing on the front panel which I assume is downloading all the needed files for the box to operate. Not sure what to do about the s0a00 though, I will try a full NVRAM again and see what happens. Will let you know soon.

did you try what usbbdm said? you never said if you did or not and what the results were !!!;)
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:did you try what usbbdm said? you never said if you did or not and what the results were !!!;)
I tried what he had suggested but nothing happened, it just basically hung on programming (sprogram). The front panel display kept repeating the same thing over and over hunt, ff1, hunt, ff2, hunt, ff3, hunt, ff4... etc. So nothing happened.

It appears that it is bricked, but even sprogram has no effect. So right now I am letting the box fix itself via the network. Since it is already disconnected, and I have a good nvram from the same model box hopefully that should do the trick if I "connect box" and load that nvram, hopefully.

it shows something like this as it is connected to network:

| dl

- dl

' dl

_ dl

' dl

Not the best artwork, but basically that line goes in a circular motion. Displaying that the box is downloading something.
I JTAGGED your mom.

justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

MassModz wrote:I tried what he had suggested but nothing happened, it just basically hung on programming (sprogram). The front panel display kept repeating the same thing over and over hunt, ff1, hunt, ff2, hunt, ff3, hunt, ff4... etc. So nothing happened.

It appears that it is bricked, but even sprogram has no effect. So right now I am letting the box fix itself via the network. Since it is already disconnected, and I have a good nvram from the same model box hopefully that should do the trick if I "connect box" and load that nvram, hopefully.

it shows something like this as it is connected to network:

| dl

- dl

' dl

_ dl

' dl

Not the best artwork, but basically that line goes in a circular motion. Displaying that the box is downloading something.
are you saying your letting the box sit in the stream and then will reload the nvram?:confused: i'm not really understanding what your doing?
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:are you saying your letting the box sit in the stream and then will reload the nvram?:confused: i'm not really understanding what your doing?
I have 2 DCT6412 Phase III's

Ok from the beginning.

I turned it off (on one of the boxes) as to let the guide update, during that time the box got "disconnected" status, showing ref code: s0a00

Then after that I soldered a pin header on each box, copied the NVRAM, boot, AllFlash, and plat.

I put the NVRAM from the other box on the disconnected one and only got back 22 channels for some odd reason after doing "connect box". Then since that didn't work I tried writing the AllFlash, hoping that would bring it totally back. But what happened was the flashing froze about 75% of the way through due to watchdog which I just found out about not more than 3 hours ago.

So since I was left with no options, I have to let the network update it, then I will retry the NVRAM flashing. If not I will need a Fall River/New Bedford NVRAM.

So that is basically the story :p

EDITED POST
I JTAGGED your mom.

MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

Ok it is done flashing, now it say's:

TERMINAL LOCKED

ENTER CURRENT PIN AND PRESS SELECT

_ _ _ _

Anyone?

EDIT: Figured it out, but, I have no guide and no channels except one that says my provider has to block out channels. I will try the NVRAM now.
I JTAGGED your mom.