Belkin F5D7632-4 JTAG question

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
Ridders

Belkin F5D7632-4 JTAG question

Post by Ridders »

Hi Guys I'm new here,

I have a question regarding a Belkin F5D7632-4 and connecting to it via JTAG NT.

It appears to have a 10pin connection visible on the board, and from what I understand that is the jtag connection for a modem? unusual seeing as the device calls itself an "ADSL Modem with wireless G Router", and my understanding was that a router jtag connection has a 12 pin connection?

Anyway.. Will this cable and the JTAGNT software work with this device, to allow me to backup all the files from it?

http://www.usbjtag.com/zenshop/index.ph ... ducts_id=9

If it helps, it has a Conexant DA4-9401-PCA (ARM chip)

I look forward to your replies,

Many thanks
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

There are fewer ARM testers here. If it is ARM JTAG, I have not yet seen 10 pin JTAG port. The 12 pin JTAG for routers are normally for MIPS.
I would say it is possible but not out of the box. If it is ARM9 family then with a few teaks to the XML it is possible to have it supported.
Ridders

Post by Ridders »

Thank you for your reply, I have taken some photos in the hope that it might confirm what you were saying:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have never used JTAG before, so would that cable I linked in my first post, work with this? also you mention about tweaking the XML, what do you mean by that?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

It could well been supported already with new XML. The similar CPU exist in Sonicview 360 or Viewsat FTA boxes.
What I am saying is there might be only a little work to add support to this device but not 100% sure until I have played with it myself.
Ridders

Post by Ridders »

I ordered the cable today, and asked for the 10pin header. So hopefully it will arrive soon and I can crack on with this.

I will post back on here when it arrives.

Many thanks for the help so far.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Ridders wrote:I ordered the cable today, and asked for the 10pin header. So hopefully it will arrive soon and I can crack on with this.

Don't know what tool your Ordered but just so you Know.

USBBDM NT Only comes with a 10 Pin Connector and USBJTAG NT Only comes with a 14 Pin Connector.....
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Ridders wrote:I ordered the cable today, and asked for the 10pin header. So hopefully it will arrive soon and I can crack on with this.

I would not think you can crack this easily unless the CPU is already supported.
You first need to find all the JTAG pins on your 10 pin header. Do not expect the same pinout as MIPS one. Only try to find these pins,
1. GND. (easy).
2. TRST
3. TDI
4. TDO
5. TMS.
6 TCK.
These are enough to work with ARM9 (Conexant).
Do you have the datasheet of the CPU? Where is the flash? (under the wireless module)? Is it TSOP flash or SPI?
Ridders

Post by Ridders »

Capone, I ordered the following cable:

I find that odd what your saying, when it says at the bottom of the page:
You can select one 10 or 14 pin header for free for each USB JTAG you ordered.
Please specify the pin header you want when you order
Can someone confirm if I have ordered the correct cable as I did request for a 10pin header.

Usbbdm, I do not have any of that information, where would I find those kind of details?
Ridders

Post by Ridders »

I've been searching Google for a datasheet, and found this:

http://www.13ic.com/ichot/DA4-9401-PCA.html

Is this useful information?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Ridders wrote:I've been searching Google for a datasheet, and found this:

http://www.13ic.com/ichot/DA4-9401-PCA.html

Is this useful information?
No, This is not useful at all.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Ridders wrote:Capone, I ordered the following cable:

I find that odd what your saying, when it says at the bottom of the page:

Can someone confirm if I have ordered the correct cable as I did request for a 10pin header.

Usbbdm, I do not have any of that information, where would I find those kind of details?
Yes it is correct. However, the 10 pin header will not help you at all. Your modem already has the 10 pin header soldered on. You might need jumper once all the pinout is found.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Ridders had donated this device and it arrived today. It will arrive much earlier if he had put the name and (or) Suite number. Anyway since I just released 0.55 it is time to try something new. I will try to find the JTAG pins off this 10 pin JTAG header.
moddog

Belkin Wireless Router/ No pass word

Post by moddog »

For this router i have no pass word for it, normally the pass would be admin admin, but the one was change before i get it, is there anyway to clear that?
Good better best
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

moddog wrote:For this router i have no pass word for it, normally the pass would be admin admin, but the one was change before i get it, is there anyway to clear that?
So far there is no clear JTAG pin found.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

moddog wrote:For this router i have no pass word for it, normally the pass would be admin admin, but the one was change before i get it, is there anyway to clear that?
Well theres a thing Called GOOGLE... Very Helpfull In theses Dumb Moments. LOL.

Copy & Paste
The following screen will appear in your browser to prompt you to login. The
Router ships with no password entered. In the login screen, leave the password blank and click the “Submit” button to log in.
End Copy & Paste.

And In case You Did not Know and Before you ask another Dumb Question. If Password was changed, ALL Routers have a RESET Button that will Reset Router back to Factory Default Settings.