Please help bricked CG814WGV2

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

nywuweilian wrote:To make my life easier,I'd rather buy an adapter instead of looking for the pin.
That is not a problem, Your not the first and surely won't be the last to think that way.

PM me and we can take it from there.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

you'll love Capone's adapter...it's priceless. At some point, though, you will need to do some of these things the hard way if you expect to learn how to do them correctly. Flashing/debricking the hardware is pure childsplay in comparison to actually getting it to work on a high security docsis network! That cannot be taught through PM's or read from posts...it must be EARNED, and it's HARD!!!
nywuweilian

Looking for 8MB full dump.

Post by nywuweilian »

Anybody has the full 8MB dump? Help please. I had same problem now. I was able to use NT to detect the flash.
DMA supoorted
Found Address= 9fc00000 CFI Intel 28F640J3
-ldram Boot
D:/Documents and Settings/William/My Documents/Cable Modem/CG814WGV2 Full Dump/9fc00001.bin loaded
-program Boot
Erase starts...

But it stuck here. The modem is bricked now.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

nywuweilian wrote:Anybody has the full 8MB dump? Help please. I had same problem now. I was able to use NT to detect the flash.
DMA supoorted
Found Address= 9fc00000 CFI Intel 28F640J3
-ldram Boot
D:/Documents and Settings/William/My Documents/Cable Modem/CG814WGV2 Full Dump/9fc00001.bin loaded
-program Boot
Erase starts...

But it stuck here. The modem is bricked now.
I think before you know you have good back up, you should not even try to program it. Especially the boot. Most likely your boot is empty.
Even if someone gives you a good backup, I do not think you are able to program back properly. You learnt the lesson the hard way.
Please take some time to watch some youtube videos. And you should watch at least all the videos on this site or youtube regarding the MIPS target programming.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:I think before you know you have good back up, you should not even try to program it. Especially the boot. Most likely your boot is empty.
Even if someone gives you a good backup, I do not think you are able to program back properly. You learnt the lesson the hard way.
Please take some time to watch some youtube videos. And you should watch at least all the videos on this site or youtube regarding the MIPS target programming.
Not the first time I see that. But it is fixable none the less. Its clear though from the OP's Words that He clearly does not understand the programming process and that's why he Bricked his Modem. That's what happens for not Informing himself before programming the target. LMFAO
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."