erase is always necessary?

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
softrend

erase is always necessary?

Post by softrend »

I have a bricked DCT700, It takes a lot to erase (flash), then when I do a sprogram, makes overly fast.
Question: I can Erase->Power off dct700-> unplug USBJTAG-> close software->plug USBJTAG, execute software-> turn on DCT700->detect->load flash, then sprogram 90000000 400000?
or erase/sprogram must be en the same session?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

softrend wrote:I have a bricked DCT700, It takes a lot to erase (flash), then when I do a sprogram, makes overly fast.
Question: I can Erase->Power off dct700-> unplug USBJTAG-> close software->plug USBJTAG, execute software-> turn on DCT700->detect->load flash, then sprogram 90000000 400000?
or erase/sprogram must be en the same session?
Erase and sprogram can be in different session. But erase must executed before sprogram.
After sprogram the boot you should be able to use fast programming (reboot is needed).
softrend

okay

Post by softrend »

what does mean Reboot?.
software and 700?
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

He means remove power from the DCT700, then plug it back in. That is what reboot means in this case.

Once the boot is flashed slowly and correctly, then you can program the device at normal speed (after you reboot the DCT700), meaning you will not have to use sprogram once it is done right.
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.