sb 5100 do not want to detect

This is JTAG to debrick any JTAG device. Modem, cable boxes, dish boxes routers.
jurisnik

sb 5100 do not want to detect

Post by jurisnik »

i have try to debrick 5100 and at process i have disconect it
now it does not want to detect itself
can i do something?

when i type detect it shows me
-detect
IDCODE 0000
Manufacturer not found 000
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

jurisnik wrote:i have try to debrick 5100 and at process i have disconect it
now it does not want to detect itself
can i do something?

when i type detect it shows me
-detect
IDCODE 0000
Manufacturer not found 000
If you are sure JTAG is working fine then it should be the connection issue. Check pin1 of NT. In NT pin 1 is red and also marked on back of NT. On SB5100, pin one is the square pad.
syankey1970

Post by syankey1970 »

This has been coverd a 100 times over...lol. Try poke commands first then 3.3v trick then as a last resort try the hotswap method(not recommnded but i have no probs doing it) I'm pretty sure it's been posted here.

If after a few hours it still doesn't work just toss it and get a new one...5100's are a dime a dozen, or better yet, get a 5101. Depends on how much your time is worth to you.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

syankey1970 wrote:This has been coverd a 100 times over...lol. Try poke commands first then 3.3v trick then as a last resort try the hotswap method(not recommnded but i have no probs doing it) I'm pretty sure it's been posted here.

If after a few hours it still doesn't work just toss it and get a new one...5100's are a dime a dozen, or better yet, get a 5101. Depends on how much your time is worth to you.
3.3V Is last resort the Hotswap should not be last resort. 3.3V Should be avoided at all costs. There much better ways to deal with this simple problem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."