Scientific Atlanta 4250 HD

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
make1up

Post by make1up »

It's been months and months since I have heard anything about these, has there been any progress at all??? I just re-read the whole thread and it seemed it was coming along so well!! Anyone had any luck or care to share anything???
mastervirus

Post by mastervirus »

i was thinking the same thing what do we need to do so this gets going // why cut the talk back on the motherboard instead of just putting a high pass filter to block the 2 way when u need to and unscrew it when you need to talk back?
santizzy

Working SA Boxes

Post by santizzy »

Ok, guys so here is a tip for those talking about working SA boxes. When Cable Company Technician get the equipment to go to work, all the boxes are open to get most channels except On Demand and PPV. If that technician decide to "lose a box" and not tell anybody, that box will work for a couple of months or even a while. If you know somebody in the inside they will mark the box as a return to the warehouse and it will work for a long time and you are not responsible for that box.
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

santizzy wrote:Ok, guys so here is a tip for those talking about working SA boxes. When Cable Company Technician get the equipment to go to work, all the boxes are open to get most channels except On Demand and PPV. If that technician decide to "lose a box" and not tell anybody, that box will work for a couple of months or even a while. If you know somebody in the inside they will mark the box as a return to the warehouse and it will work for a long time and you are not responsible for that box.
That's not how it is in canada, the technicians authorize the box with their laptops at the customers house. When the techs pick up equipment it sometimes works for a month before it gets shut down.
davep

Post by davep »

just thought that someone by now may have had some progress on this?
lsm

Post by lsm »

Looks like I am not the only one with high hopes for the SA.
studio1b

Post by studio1b »

Ok i have some info i would like to share with the group here.

1) i just in the last few months i order twc tv they came to my house/apt and set it all up i got some new samsung boxes but i watched him set it all up. he was carrying a laptop that was connect to TIME WARNER 4G network and u had a program where he was able to add MAC address from the boxes to the computer and then sent the info to the HEADEND acting the box with out the need to jump on a phone and call in a tech to set anything up

2) the samsung boxes i had installed in my house/apt are crazy they have a built in DIAG page that u can set the unit to TEST mode what this does is turn the box in to a CABLE FTA unit that can scan the network and pick up channels. now because TWC uses a M-card in the back of the unit u get Prem channels like show time and hbo i do SUB to those channels but it was able to pick those up just by scanning. also the unit has a NAND with 2 images
1 image is the TWC image
2nd image is the TEST MODE IMAGE
u can switch back and forth to any image u want with just a few presses on the box CRAZY shit

im thinking there has to be a way to reprogram that 2nd image with a full hacked image that can pick up all channels

what was odd was when i was searching threw the channels after i switched to test mode and scanned for all digital channels i could get 2 ONDEMAND channels for sports that i never got before because i dont pay for those 2 channels.

Now what i was thinking is if we can dump the image of the box and get box images TWC and TEST MODE maybe we could mod the TWC image to become a full STB aswell .

ok now back on the 4250HD i wish there was something for those
gone

Post by gone »

studio1b wrote:Ok i have some info i would like to share with the group here.

1) i just in the last few months i order twc tv they came to my house/apt and set it all up i got some new samsung boxes but i watched him set it all up. he was carrying a laptop that was connect to TIME WARNER 4G network and u had a program where he was able to add MAC address from the boxes to the computer and then sent the info to the HEADEND acting the box with out the need to jump on a phone and call in a tech to set anything up

2) the samsung boxes i had installed in my house/apt are crazy they have a built in DIAG page that u can set the unit to TEST mode what this does is turn the box in to a CABLE FTA unit that can scan the network and pick up channels. now because TWC uses a M-card in the back of the unit u get Prem channels like show time and hbo i do SUB to those channels but it was able to pick those up just by scanning. also the unit has a NAND with 2 images
1 image is the TWC image
2nd image is the TEST MODE IMAGE
u can switch back and forth to any image u want with just a few presses on the box CRAZY shit

im thinking there has to be a way to reprogram that 2nd image with a full hacked image that can pick up all channels

what was odd was when i was searching threw the channels after i switched to test mode and scanned for all digital channels i could get 2 ONDEMAND channels for sports that i never got before because i dont pay for those 2 channels.

Now what i was thinking is if we can dump the image of the box and get box images TWC and TEST MODE maybe we could mod the TWC image to become a full STB aswell .

ok now back on the 4250HD i wish there was something for those
Which Samsung model was used? And how was test mode accessed?
ivalerio

Post by ivalerio »

Samsung SMT H3050 is whats being used in Manhattan.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

ivalerio wrote:Samsung SMT H3050 is whats being used in Manhattan.
your 1st post and it's to post this in a DEAD thread from 4 or 5 months ago ~~ come on now man~~

closing it down~
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:your 1st post and it's to post this in a DEAD thread from 4 or 5 months ago ~~ come on now man~~

closing it down~
Another person that can type but Not READ THE FORUM RULES......
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."