Chain discovery, IR/DR length scan, hackingstuff

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
geremia

Chain discovery, IR/DR length scan, hackingstuff

Post by geremia »

Hi,

i ordered a usbjtagnt and i'm waiting it to arrive, in the meantime i'm playing with urjtag+wiggler against a broadcom 74xx family SoC with embedded bcm4380 core (used in some HD DVB decoder).
Is there a command in usbjtag to scan the chain, scan IR and DR length like in urjtag?
This SoC seems to have switches for 2 ejtag working mode, one for IR length=5 (but few IR code present) and one with IR length=32, with more IR codes but strange behaviour. Searching for broadcom ejtag patents, seems they patented a way to mux several TAPs toghether instead of doing a daisy chain.

Are in the plan some low level cmds for usbjtagnt for jtag hacking/discovery purpose?

Regards
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

NT support IR length up to 8. If larger IR length is needed, I need to modify the source code.

In the mean time the JTAG chain is not fully supported. If you have multiple JTAG device with TDI-TDO chain it is not supported yet.