Framework for implementing newer protocols

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
re-dev

Framework for implementing newer protocols

Post by re-dev »

Hi, i have acquired the USBJTAGNT some time ago because i was researching on mips processors a lot but now i'm moving to ARM7 (I see there is not support yet) and i was wondering if you are planning to release some framework for building the protocol dlls so users can implement them by themselves. And maybe sending them to you so you can include them in the newer versions of the software.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

re-dev wrote:Hi, i have acquired the USBJTAGNT some time ago because i was researching on mips processors a lot but now i'm moving to ARM7 (I see there is not support yet) and i was wondering if you are planning to release some framework for building the protocol dlls so users can implement them by themselves. And maybe sending them to you so you can include them in the newer versions of the software.
ARM7 is on the plan. The USB JTAG NT is quite complicated. The optimized code make it impossible to work like a plugin. You have to manually write the code to support the target. What is your target? (CPU). My first ARM7 will be LPC2103.
re-dev

Post by re-dev »

Excellent, the core is LPC21XX (don't have the version yet) but it should work if it works with yours.

Thanks and will be waiting for the ARM7 support!
I'm still interested in having some dummy example of "plugin" for USBJTAGNT so developers can implement them by themselves.
logicerr

Post by logicerr »

Count me as a second vote for creating some interface so that developers could add support for new devices. This would be really nice.