Are you sure you want to program.

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
MrRogers

Are you sure you want to program.

Post by MrRogers »

On the cable boxes, after backing up AllFlash and NVRAM, you need to save plat and then do whatever you wish with it... etc, etc. Well my suggestion pertains to the part where you get a pop-up asking if you are sure you would like to program. The pop-up could ask if you are sure that you want to program that specific area on the memory i.e. boot, plat, NVRAM...example of what it says now:

"Are you sure you want to program" "Yes" "No"

As an extra measure to save people from making mistakes it should say:

"Are you sure you want to program (plat) with 2 new changes" "Yes" "No"

etc..

Hopefully someone sees what I am trying to say, just an idea to help people (mainly the noobs)
natas

Post by natas »

and a "do not ask me again" option, lol
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Kind of a Cool Thought , However I don't think it will become reality.
The Software is So User Friendly As It is, That if someone Does not Understand it they should FIND ANOTHER HOBBY. :D
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

TUNDRA wrote:Kind of a Cool Thought , However I don't think it will become reality.
The Software is So User Friendly As It is, That if someone Does not Understand it they should FIND ANOTHER HOBBY. :D

Very true, hahaha. Just throwing ideas out there, as you said it is very user friendly and if your not paying attention to what your doing you deserve to mess up and learn a lesson :p

@natas

roflmao
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MassModz wrote:Very true, hahaha. Just throwing ideas out there, as you said it is very user friendly and if your not paying attention to what your doing you deserve to mess up and learn a lesson :p

@natas

roflmao

Yes Not paying attention can Lead to Brick Device, However DeBricking any Device Is the Best way To Master that Device. I have Learned Alot From DeBricking Targets.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
anibal330

Post by anibal330 »

CAPONE wrote:Yes Not paying attention can Lead to Brick Device, However DeBricking any Device Is the Best way To Master that Device. I have Learned Alot From DeBricking Targets.
I Agree...