NVTOOL update needed.

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:So the copy channel from different model works for single channel only? If so then it is possible to copy all the channels. The initial idea is to enter -1 on the channel number and it will copy all the channel over. But I have limited NVRAM to test and I think it should just work.
It would be nice it it could be made to overlook same channels and Only Add Missing channels.

Do you know where on Bin the Channel List Starts and Ends?
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

TUNDRA wrote:It would be nice it it could be made to overlook same channels and Only Add Missing channels.

Do you know where on Bin the Channel List Starts and Ends?
The stat and end of each NVRAM is different. You need to understand the data structure to be able to modify the nvram.

Basically it has an index of each data entry. The data as a pointer and size. After change each data entry checksum needs to be added to the index header.
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

usbbdm wrote:So the copy channel from different model works for single channel only? If so then it is possible to copy all the channels. The initial idea is to enter -1 on the channel number and it will copy all the channel over. But I have limited NVRAM to test and I think it should just work.
That is not true. Copy channel from different model does not work for single or all channels. I tried it with different models also but no go. If anyone have NVTOOL that even copy a single channel from different model, I will take it.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:That is not true. Copy channel from different model does not work for single or all channels. I tried it with different models also but no go. If anyone have NVTOOL that even copy a single channel from different model, I will take it.
You must not know How to Use it. IT DOES WORK FLAWLESSLY.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."