Program ATmel devices..

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
empulse

Program ATmel devices..

Post by empulse »

If it's not already possible (i haven't figured out how to yet..) Can these devices (BDM / JTAG NT) be used as an ICSP or ISP to program AT90Sxxxx AVR's?

Specifically it would be nice to do AT90S2313, AT90S8515, ATmega128/256.

Thanx.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

empulse wrote:If it's not already possible (i haven't figured out how to yet..) Can these devices (BDM / JTAG NT) be used as an ICSP or ISP to program AT90Sxxxx AVR's?

Thanx.
No. This is not supported yet.
mr.sky

Post by mr.sky »

empulse wrote:If it's not already possible (i haven't figured out how to yet..) Can these devices (BDM / JTAG NT) be used as an ICSP or ISP to program AT90Sxxxx AVR's?

Thanx.
Atmel programmers are very cheap now, just google and you will find them.
And yes I have an atmel programmer that programs the above mention Atmels.
Not for sell, so dont ask.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If there is interest, I should be able to add to the support list.
Now I need first finish the problem on CPFi modem. After release this patch, I will finsh adding ppc (DM500) support.
marthypaul

Post by marthypaul »

plenty of people will use usbd Nt for Atmel.
IKS is buzzword todays.
And lot of peps bulding private IKS would need that.
empulse

Post by empulse »

What's IKS? ;) Im in school and could use it for my engineering classes as well. And I know there are a million programers out there, why would i want to buy one more? jesus i have a 100 that i have used once.. still trying to figure out how to get a 722 done with having to buy a 350$ prgrammer i will use once.

But thank you BDM.. I would appreciate it, and so would many others if we can talk to Atmels. They serve many many purposes.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

empulse wrote:What's IKS? ;) Im in school and could use it for my engineering classes as well. And I know there are a million programers out there, why would i want to buy one more? jesus i have a 100 that i have used once.. still trying to figure out how to get a 722 done with having to buy a 350$ prgrammer i will use once.

But thank you BDM.. I would appreciate it, and so would many others if we can talk to Atmels. They serve many many purposes.
IKS=Internet Card Sharing. And your REALLY LATE to try to figure out How to do the 722's. I'm Not an engineer and There Not that Difficult to DO.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
mr.sky

Post by mr.sky »

empulse wrote:What's IKS? ;) Im in school and could use it for my engineering classes as well. And I know there are a million programers out there, why would i want to buy one more? jesus i have a 100 that i have used once.. still trying to figure out how to get a 722 done with having to buy a 350$ prgrammer i will use once.

722 done? hummm I guess I know what you want to do. You will not get help
here to do that.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please give more information on the target and I can do some reading first.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Just found Adurino and it is based on Atmega168. Does all the Atmega use the same command to program? I can possibly add support if there are still demand for it.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

usbbdm wrote:Just found Adurino and it is based on Atmega168. Does all the Atmega use the same command to program? I can possibly add support if there are still demand for it.
pretty much , YES..
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Not that they might be any use for this at this time.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:Not that they might be any use for this at this time.
last i read people were still able to use them for card sharing...or whatever the hell it is they call it now adays..lol...waste of time in my eyes that's for sure
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

The ATMEL project has been started. I created prototype board to connected the ICSP pin of Ardurino board. I can read the ID now. So it is a matter of time to read and write data. Since there are security bits needed to programming. I am not sure if I use CLI to program them or just some button.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

They have all kinds of cool Projects And if not mistaken they have there own Programmers and Very Cheap as Well.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Projects/