What target to work next?

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
usbbdm

What target to work next?

Post by usbbdm »

After I uploaded 0.58 to work with ST40 NAND, I am in search of the next target to play with. I hope more generic SPI flash through JTAG and more NAND flash through JTAG support.
So if the target involves SPI flash and NAND flash, I am more interested. Also newer CPUs are welcome. Actually I almost started to look at Trimedia JTAG since I have a 2wire modem/router handy.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

how about those damn M-CARDS????????? or the new HD PvR model cable boxes?? I know your not really into the cable thing anymore but soon we are going to see these old boxes that most people have going start to crap out! everyone is going the HDPVR way now adays, I know I myself can do certain things to these boxes as well as a few other people here so it's more of a request for the general public ... I gotta say that watching a movie on a 55" 3DLEDTV with a crappy ol dct2400 really sucks ass.....lol....like I said I know your intrest is not really on these cable boxes anymore, but the majority of you customers are buying your tools for this exact purpose...so comeone buddy......lets start with that damn M-CARD !!!!!!!! lol...
live your life like a beer commericial
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

justsomeguy wrote:how about those damn M-CARDS????????? or the new HD PvR model cable boxes?? I know your not really into the cable thing anymore but soon we are going to see these old boxes that most people have going start to crap out! everyone is going the HDPVR way now adays, I know I myself can do certain things to these boxes as well as a few other people here so it's more of a request for the general public ... I gotta say that watching a movie on a 55" 3DLEDTV with a crappy ol dct2400 really sucks ass.....lol....like I said I know your intrest is not really on these cable boxes anymore, but the majority of you customers are buying your tools for this exact purpose...so comeone buddy......lets start with that damn M-CARD !!!!!!!! lol...
The M-Card would be Nice, I just think he does not want to go thru the trouble of finding out the posible jtag connections. Not to mention, It would be plain RETARDED to put that information in a PUBLIC FORUM with so many people thaty cant keep there trap shut. It will be like puting it in the 6 O,Clock NEWS. LMFAO
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

justsomeguy wrote:how about those damn M-CARDS????????? or the new HD PvR model cable boxes?? I know your not really into the cable thing anymore but soon we are going to see these old boxes that most people have going start to crap out! everyone is going the HDPVR way now adays, I know I myself can do certain things to these boxes as well as a few other people here so it's more of a request for the general public ... I gotta say that watching a movie on a 55" 3DLEDTV with a crappy ol dct2400 really sucks ass.....lol....like I said I know your intrest is not really on these cable boxes anymore, but the majority of you customers are buying your tools for this exact purpose...so comeone buddy......lets start with that damn M-CARD !!!!!!!! lol...
CAPONE wrote:The M-Card would be Nice, I just think he does not want to go thru the trouble of finding out the posible jtag connections. Not to mention, It would be plain RETARDED to put that information in a PUBLIC FORUM with so many people thaty cant keep there trap shut. It will be like puting it in the 6 O,Clock NEWS. LMFAO
i agree with you guys the m-card project is the most important thing to take care of next

im also very interested in this so i hope we can do the best we can to get this done
Get rich or die trying
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lafraga wrote:i agree with you guys the m-card project is the most important thing to take care of next

im also very interested in this so i hope we can do the best we can to get this done
I still think Its IDIOTIC to have that kind of INFO posted publically. It will make this site the Next targeted Hobby to KILL...........IMHO but since its Not My Site, WTF Do I care. LMFAO
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

There is very little known of the card.
I think the first thing to do is to remove the flash and read from an external programmer. This will help to determine what kind of CPU it uses. If it is MC68XXX family (very likely, then we would investigate time to find the BDM port).

I think the idea of using M-card makes the system "less secured" if it uses well known CPU since we have a lot more tool now.

So if anyone can help with that then this is one step further. This however needs someone with good lad to do so.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:There is very little known of the card.
I think the first thing to do is to remove the flash and read from an external programmer. This will help to determine what kind of CPU it uses. If it is MC68XXX family (very likely, then we would investigate time to find the BDM port).

I think the idea of using M-card makes the system "less secured" if it uses well known CPU since we have a lot more tool now.

So if anyone can help with that then this is one step further. This however needs someone with good lad to do so.
There is a PDF that fully describes the function and ID's of each pins of the M-Card. That should provide some help in comunicating with the card. Maybe not from the USBJTAG NT Point But it would be nice to be able to jtag it. As for the Flash I have removed it before but was unable to find the proper size adapter to be able to read the flash with my programmer.
Rob0108

Post by Rob0108 »

usbbdm wrote:There is very little known of the card.

I totally agree with capone there is a pdf for the Mcard and that will be the way to go cuz also have to agree with justsomeguy its very crapy to watch a regular movie on a hd tv.

i have that pdf let me know where to send it if you will like to take a look @ it.
afterhoursalex

Post by afterhoursalex »

m card is the way to go usb
mr.sky

Post by mr.sky »

M-Card would have to be made a Secret, which Capone has mention will never
happen. USBDM, would make a killing in sales, but would also loose his website.
This site would have thousands of Newbies flying here to get answers.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

i think what we need to do is: whoever gets this info first needs to hanlde it the right way and try not to share it with the wrong people
Get rich or die trying
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

lafraga wrote:i think what we need to do is: whoever gets this info first needs to hanlde it the right way and try not to share it with the wrong people
I would not say the wrong people, I would say not share it on a public forum.....
Skyhigh

Post by Skyhigh »

xxxxxxxxxx
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

SOOOOOO.......USBBDM.....have you come to a decision???????????
live your life like a beer commericial
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

justsomeguy wrote:SOOOOOO.......USBBDM.....have you come to a decision???????????
I do not have enough information to start the project. To me the first thing to device is what kind of CPU it uses. (Could very well be MC68XXX cpu). Then need to find out where to connect BDM to the device.