A way to change the UID without using the remote changer from another guy

Here you can put bug report of USB JTAG/BDM or features or device you want to support. Please submit wish list only. Other topics will moved out from this forum
supermario1

A way to change the UID without using the remote changer from another guy

Post by supermario1 »

i want to change the adress using the program instead of using the remote feature like back in the old days the reason is Thad in san jose ca i seen a new security measure Thad wen i program the box and change the unit address using the remote control and once i put the coax cable the box dies its goes to a on and off state i been doing this for 4 to 5 years and never seen this and i test this with many boxes and all of them the same thing.i tried testing with and old modified platnium Thad did not have the upm uid remote feature on it and it works but its to old Thad i don't get the tv guide to populate and the old sofware dost not support platinum 346 or newer may be this is not happening in other areas but i am the second person Thad i now thad has this problem please help
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

supermario1 wrote:i want to change the adress using the program instead of using the remote feature like back in the old days the reason is Thad in san jose ca i seen a new security measure Thad wen i program the box and change the unit address using the remote control and once i put the coax cable the box dies its goes to a on and off state i been doing this for 4 to 5 years and never seen this and i test this with many boxes and all of them the same thing.i tried testing with and old modified platnium Thad did not have the upm uid remote feature on it and it works but its to old Thad i don't get the tv guide to populate and the old sofware dost not support platinum 346 or newer may be this is not happening in other areas but i am the second person Thad i now thad has this problem please help
this has already been discussed. if you want to program the uid inside the programming you have to get an older version of the software that does that function.--BUT the older versions will NOT support newer programming on the boxs, and i highly doubt usbbdm will add support for those older versions of software -- just to add to this, it is HIGHLY unlikley that the problem your having is because of programming the uid with the remote. i could be wrong about this but i think something else is your problem. think about it. all you are doing is putting the uid in the SAME place but with a different function. so if you program the uid inside the programming with the software or do it with the remote it is still going to the same place, just by different means. so if somthing is happening with your box it is probably something else.
live your life like a beer commericial
joe347

Post by joe347 »

This happens in my area to PA, the plat won't upgrade with the remote changer installed, the box bricks, light blinks off and on. You have to de-brick it, don't install the remote changer, let the plat upgrade, then you can install the remote changer.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Anyone think this is good idea to put back the old behavior?
I could make this happen with newer DLL provide both option.
supermario1

Post by supermario1 »

the thing is thad i benn using the remote change uid sense the the first usb jtag program thad allow thad option dont remember the version but everything ben working fine 2 years using plat 346 this problem just happend on january of this year 2013 along with the basic extended losing channels not authorize problem all the boxes thad have premiums or more are fine i have a subscribe box and heare in san jose we still have platnium 346 this platnium has the uid remote feauture every box thad i programed before january is working fine with plat 346 but now wen programing a new box whith the current plat 346 and after changing the iud and puting the coax to it it turn on and off on all the boxes i test. testing whith and old modified platnium 326 this one thosnt have the uid remote it was done using the old sofware and it works great no problem at all the only problem is thad its to old and it dosnt populate the tv guide.so please usbbdm inplement the feuture to change the uid using the usbjtag program.
moddog

Post by moddog »

Master BDM, i have no problem with the remote change, but to have the two option that would be grate so i vote on that.
Good better best
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

moddog wrote:Master BDM, i have no problem with the remote change, but to have the two option that would be grate so i vote on that.
It is tax season. I will make a newer DLL after filing the tax.
I do not live with the area that people are having issues. Most I can guess is that you need to take the update.
When you have the resetting issue you need to know if the reset happens WHEN you have cable to the box or not.
If you do not have the cable plugged in and the box keep on resetting, then it is the software issue.
If you have resetting issue when the cable is connected, then most likely your CC is trying to update your software. Check what version of software they are using.

It is better to take the update from CC than download from somewhere and program it. Reason is there is a signature in the firmware and if it is different then it will reset.

Programming a back up from a local box should work in theory and it is most likely to work other than take the hit.

After you get the latest firmware and the box is not resetting, then you can start to playing with the testing. Directly program the testing firmware might (mostly will ) not work.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:It is tax season. I will make a newer DLL after filing the tax.
I do not live with the area that people are having issues. Most I can guess is that you need to take the update.
When you have the resetting issue you need to know if the reset happens WHEN you have cable to the box or not.
If you do not have the cable plugged in and the box keep on resetting, then it is the software issue.
If you have resetting issue when the cable is connected, then most likely your CC is trying to update your software. Check what version of software they are using.

It is better to take the update from CC than download from somewhere and program it. Reason is there is a signature in the firmware and if it is different then it will reset.

Programming a back up from a local box should work in theory and it is most likely to work other than take the hit.

After you get the latest firmware and the box is not resetting, then you can start to playing with the testing. Directly program the testing firmware might (mostly will ) not work.
In some cases that I have dealt with it happens without cable connected and in others right after connecting cable. After connecting cable is an indication that the box IS TRYING TO UPDATE FIRMWARE.

However, In the case of the reset without the cable connected, I Disagree that its a software issues, At least NOT ALWAYS A SOFTWARE ISSUSE. I have had that happen to some boxes, while not happen to other boxes of same model and I have been able to find a way to solve this problem, which IMHO proves its not related to your SOFTWARE.......... I have posted about it so I won't go into details on this thread. ;)

As for having both options in the DLL, I personally DON'T Care But it will be Interesting to Test Out Non the Less.

Once Again, Thank You for your OUTSTANDING SUPPORT........... ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

When I say software issue I mean the firmware that loaded to the box.
Either it is not compatible with the NVRAM or hardware. The NT software just programs it and as long as cmpram passed, NT software itself has no issue. Also I am talking about original non-mod firmware. For modded firmware then it is different story.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:When I say software issue I mean the firmware that loaded to the box.
Either it is not compatible with the NVRAM or hardware. The NT software just programs it and as long as cmpram passed, NT software itself has no issue. Also I am talking about original non-mod firmware. For modded firmware then it is different story.
Yes, That is why I say I was able to find a Solution to that problem. And it does not happen on all boxes, therefore I know as I have stated before, Its a problem with the Box or the End User.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
talypascual

Post by talypascual »

usbbdm wrote:Anyone think this is good idea to put back the old behavior?
I could make this happen with newer DLL provide both option.
Yes Please, put this function in the new DLL
thanks
dustin21n

Post by dustin21n »

the problem is not with the remote change uid. if your box is flashing on and off, it is due to new firmware update in san jose. adding this option to change uid in the software will not solve the problem that you are having. make sure that you are using the latest firmware