ecu 411 problems

This talks about BDM used on card Engine computer
big 'G'

ecu 411 problems

Post by big 'G' »

I have recently set up bdm nt to ecu 411 but am unable to id flash or dump flash. After connecting and clicking on id icon, i am only showing 00 in registers

-reset 1
-init
-R
type in flshdct code returns with unknown flashtype report these values 0000.0000
type in getram code only returns 00
scratching my head!
triple checked all wiring and appears to be correct to cpu
using ds=a7,berr=b12,gnd=a4,bkpt=c29,gnd=a4,freeze=c30,reset=c12, ifetch=a11,vdd=n/u,ipipe=a13
any help would be greatly appreciated.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I hope you have watched this. Use latest software is also the key. (Especially the latest xml.
big 'G'

Post by big 'G' »

Yes I have watched the video many times, however I am not able to find file ecu which contains files 411-asm, 411.bin 411.bootloader.bin,411.def, init.bn, so perhaps I don't have correct xml file. When I goto config folder in help I only see tecu411.xml, is this the latest version?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

You need to use 0.57a and up. SO if you are using 0.63 then you should be OK.The files in the folder are just dump from the flash and you should have your own files from your flash chip.
big 'G'

Post by big 'G' »

OK, I am using version 0.63, i'll have check my connections and try again.
big 'G'

Post by big 'G' »

Had time to play around with bdm today, can't find any problem with wiring. I have found that by typing in reset 1 manually data does appear in my data and address registers and debug registers. (using icon only yeilds 00) BDM will let me single step, so it appears to be functioning. I still cannot get id from flash or dump code, still get error 0000.0000 and all 00 on getram code.
I think I'll try to reinstall software or does anyone have any other Ideas??
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

big 'G' wrote:Had time to play around with bdm today, can't find any problem with wiring. I have found that by typing in reset 1 manually data does appear in my data and address registers and debug registers. (using icon only yeilds 00) BDM will let me single step, so it appears to be functioning. I still cannot get id from flash or dump code, still get error 0000.0000 and all 00 on getram code.
I think I'll try to reinstall software or does anyone have any other Ideas??
There should not be any issue with software once you see connected and BDM ON.

Can you attach a screen capture to verify the software is OK?

"reset 1" is not enough. You should type "init" after that. A simple click of "ID" icon should do the job.
big 'G'

Post by big 'G' »

forgot to mention I did type in init after reset 1
can't seem to up load screen shot, says invalid file type
file is jpg 86.7kb size = 1024x768
big 'G'

Post by big 'G' »

OK, looks like problem solved. I swithched to different 411.xml file and everything seems to be working properly. thanx for your help.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

big 'G' wrote:OK, looks like problem solved. I swithched to different 411.xml file and everything seems to be working properly. thanx for your help.
Then it is the init sequence built in the xml.