Saab T5 ECU

This talks about BDM used on card Engine computer
x881

Saab T5 ECU

Post by x881 »

I need some help flashing my ECU for my Saab.
It has a Motorola MC68332 Microcontroller and 2 AMD flash chips.
This is being done over at ECUtuning.com and trionictuning.com using the BDM tool that they have plans for on their site. I already have the USBBDM I bought from here, I just need some help getting the USBJTAGNT program to work with the saab ECU.
I get it all connected and it is reading something. It just seems to read different every time. I don't know too much about this but I am trying to learn. I have a script for anther program that does some things before you can read and write anything:

* Prepare SAAB T5 ECU for flash management (erase and program).
* This script needs to be executed before flash can be erased or programmed.
* Created by Patrik Servin
* Version 1.0
* Reset ECU
reset
* Stop execution
stop
*Set up for flashing
mm 0xfffa04
0x7f00.
mm 0xfffa21
0x0000.
mm 0xfffa44
0x3fff.
mm 0xfffa48
0x0405.
mm 0xfffa4a
0x6b70.
mm 0xfffa50
0x0405.
mm 0xfffa52
0x3370.
mm 0xfffa54
0x0405.
mm 0xfffa56
0x5370.
mm 0xfffc14
0x0040.
mm 0xfffc17
0x0040.
* enable internal 2kByte RAM of 68332
* and map it to address $100000
mm $fffb04
$1000.
* tell BD32 to use internal RAM $100000 for target resident driver
driver $100000

* ECU is now prepared for flash programming or erasing.

The program this is for is just called BD32. and it prepares the ecu and disables a watchdog.
Can I use this script somehow with USBJTAGNT or do I need to do something different? Or can it even be done with this tool? Any help is greatly appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Do you see BDM ON?
What target to you use? Have you tried ECU411 target?
You should issue reset 1 to enter BDM ON mode. Stay there and see if you see BDM ON forever.
IF not there is a chance that there is a watchdog. You need to know if it is software watchdog or hardware watchdog. if it is software watchdog then you need to disable it to get reliable read/write. Do not write until you are sure that the backup is right.
x881

Post by x881 »

BDM ON goes on as soon as I power up the ECU. And it stays on forever. I will then do a reset 1 and init using the ECU411 target. Every time I READ the ecu, the code comes out different every time. I am not sure of the watchdog but I'm pretty sure it's a software watchdog. This is what I'm guessing is giving me all the problems. How do I disable it?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

x881 wrote:BDM ON goes on as soon as I power up the ECU. And it stays on forever. I will then do a reset 1 and init using the ECU411 target. Every time I READ the ecu, the code comes out different every time. I am not sure of the watchdog but I'm pretty sure it's a software watchdog. This is what I'm guessing is giving me all the problems. How do I disable it?
The BDM ON on power on is not right. You need to see after reset 1 and see if it stays.
x881

Post by x881 »

I will try Monday. I'm away this weekend.

But I'm pretty sure it stays on all the time. Even after doing a reset 1

I really want to get your BDM tool working. I know there will be people from ecuproject buying them up if I can get it working correctly.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

x881 wrote:I will try Monday. I'm away this weekend.

But I'm pretty sure it stays on all the time. Even after doing a reset 1

I really want to get your BDM tool working. I know there will be people from ecuproject buying them up if I can get it working correctly.
Then issue command "reset" and see if it gest BDM off. This is important to see if it gets to proper BDM mode.
x881

Post by x881 »

I see BDM ON as soon as I plug in the ECU. I do "reset" and BDM goes to OFF. And A RESET 1 will turn it back to BDM ON
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

x881 wrote:I see BDM ON as soon as I plug in the ECU. I do "reset" and BDM goes to OFF. And A RESET 1 will turn it back to BDM ON
Very good sign when you issue command "reset 1" and get BDM ON. You can go to irc at night and I might be able to remote help you out.
x881

Post by x881 »

Sure. I can get on IRC. Just let me know what time is good for you