USBJtag .39 Stuck

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
number1001

USBJtag .39 Stuck

Post by number1001 »

Hi USBBDM,
Why it get stuck at eraser start. In the past -- I use the old USBJTAG with the old debrick command line -- So simple and so easy -- why not have it in the new usbjtag nt .39 -- Can you make a script to to the debrick instead of tap c | tap a ...

What is a easy and sreaight forward to debrick 5101 please.
Thank you
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

number1001 wrote:Hi USBBDM,
Why it get stuck at eraser start. In the past -- I use the old USBJTAG with the old debrick command line -- So simple and so easy -- why not have it in the new usbjtag nt .39 -- Can you make a script to to the debrick instead of tap c | tap a ...
What is a easy and sreaight forward to debrick 5101 please.
Thank you
If you have used the Old USBJTAG Which is OLD Then How is it you don't know How to make your Own Scripts? You can make your own scripts to suite your needs.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

USB JTAG NT is much powerful in terms of debrick. The "tap" command does not exist in old USB JTAG. It is very useful.

Please tell me what command you use to debrick on old command and there is 100% equivalent command in NT. Beside the NT can adjust the JTAG clock and make the debrick more reliable.

If you use the script to debrick, it was made for 3.3V method. Are you using 3.3V? If not do not use that script.

Which target you are using? I can make more debrick script if that helps.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Please note if your old script works for you then it can work on NT also. It is 100% compatible.
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

I have only 2 sb5100's that I can not debrick with the jtagnt and both mistakenly had a 5101 2mb dump written to them. No matter what it wont write to flash. It detects flash but wont write. It hangs like the OP says or it says it writes and it does not.
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Okay -- Thank you for your advice -- Pls be patient with me because I have this new USBJtag NT and this is my first time to use it.
I used the command line 'debrick' to debrick the 5101 ( on the old usbjtag -- red one -- No problem whatsoever -- Very easy to do).

I did not know exactly what happened but when I tried to load .39 several times -- I guess it get confused or whatever -- The 5101 bricked.
My question is what is in the debrick command (eg ldram | image0 | program image0 | program image1 -- or what?) -- I have tried to use these commands on ver .39 -- it get stuck.

Any idea ?
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Hi USBBDM

If you use the script to debrick, it was made for 3.3V method. Are you using 3.3V? If not do not use that script.

>> I did not use this method 3.3V _ I just simply use 'debrick' command line on the old USBjtag.

>>> SB5101
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

number1001 wrote:Hi USBBDM

>> I did not use this method 3.3V _ I just simply use 'debrick' command line on the old USBjtag.

>>> SB5101
"debrick" is not the command but a script I believe. Then copy the same "debrick.usp" to new script directory. I will be in chat and help you out(logmein prefered).

[Edit]
Sorry, I found the "debrick" command. It just set a flag. The tap will do the same work. I am in chat and if you need help go to chat. Check your PM.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

number1001 wrote:Hi USBBDM

>>> SB5101
If you can detect flash you can use
"erase boot"
"sprogram boot"
"cmpram boot"

If all OK. Then power off on the modem and use normal command to program the modem. It will not stuck.

The reason it gets stuck is the boot is not programmed properly. Without boot you need.
1. Program the good boot to use fast programming.
2. Use poke command in http://www.usbjtag.com/jtagdevices/sb5100.php to allow fast programming.
Otherwise it will pause at the "erase".
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Thank you -- I will try it first before I relly bother u.
Thanks in advance
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I helped him out via logmein.
The issue is that he had program the haxoware to the boot and after "erase" and "sprogram" a good boot it is back to life.
This is not considered a bricked that needs to use "tap" commands.
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Hi USBBDM,
Thank u so much for help me to debrick it. Are there any change can you send me a list of those command lines (or steps). Much much appreciated.
Thank again
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

OK. I will make some script for SB5100 and SB5101 tomorrow.
usbbdm

One debrick sb5101 script.

Post by usbbdm »

This script will fix your problem.
You have load the haxomatic to the boot area. You can still detect the flash. So this will help you to slow program the boot with DMA mode.
Some time the debrick needs the non-DMA mode. Try this and see if it works for you.
I encourage everyone try to use script to do the routine work. Any task can be achieved with script.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

usbbdm have you got anything i can try for my 5100 that i accidently wrote 5101 2mb dumps to?
I have tried all 3 scrips and none of them will program 9fc00000 to 200000 it will sometimes say it will program but it does not. sprogram won't work either.

has anyone done this by mistake and fixed it?