5101 modem problem

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ANONYMOUS wrote:hi,i have a 5101 modem that use to work perfectly for long time,and now i have to reprogram every week ,sometime the same day.the problem is that theres a guy that came to my house asking for the node of the area and i didnt tell him the number but my brother know him and let him work on his computer and he found out the node.after this guy came to my house ,a few days later my modem started to going down like that .my quetion is;what this guy could be doing to shut it down like that?my other quetion;what can i do to prevent this guy to atack my mothem is that is what is happening?

any help will be veeeeery apreciate.thanks a lot.
First the NODE has nothing to do with the Modem. Second THeres not much the person could have done to screew you Modem Up. Third If you have RE-Flashed the Original BackUp back to the Modem all should be back to Normal.

Forth = You need to go elsewhere to find a solution to your Problem. We can help you as far as loading the Firmware to the modem. as far asWhy its going down constantly you will need to find the answer elsewhere. USBBDM Does Not create the Firmware therefore No Support for Problems you or anyone else may Have. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ANONYMOUS wrote:i dont know,but since this guy came to my house asking me for the node, my modem going down every day.im sure he has something to do with it.
Sorry to sound so Blunt But its Clear you have No Idea What a NODE Is. You node and everyone that live on your same street and even a few block may be on the same NODE There for What you say Makes No sence. Now if He copied your MAC and Use that MAC on a Hacked Modem and he is in your Same NODE then you and him will have Problems. That Is called MAC Collition.

Read Up on it.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
RIP_Felipeferras

i swear

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

he stole you're node that's for sure one time it happened to me i swear one guy ask me my node and i give it to him then i lost my internet access and then i have to get a new node
and trust me that's really hard to do
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
moddog

Post by moddog »

felipeferras wrote:he stole you're node that's for sure one time it happened to me i swear one guy ask me my node and i give it to him then i lost my internet access and then i have to get a new node
and trust me that's really hard to do
node
(1) In networks, a processing location. A node can be a computer or some other device, such as a printer. Every node has a unique network address, sometimes called a Data Link Control (DLC) address or Media Access Control (MAC) address.
moddog

Post by moddog »

TUNDRA wrote:First the NODE has nothing to do with the Modem. Second THeres not much the person could have done to screew you Modem Up. Third If you have RE-Flashed the Original BackUp back to the Modem all should be back to Normal.

Forth = You need to go elsewhere to find a solution to your Problem. We can help you as far as loading the Firmware to the modem. as far asWhy its going down constantly you will need to find the answer elsewhere. USBBDM Does Not create the Firmware therefore No Support for Problems you or anyone else may Have. ;)
node
(1) In networks, a processing location. A node can be a computer or some other device, such as a printer. Every node has a unique network address, sometimes called a Data Link Control (DLC) address or Media Access Control (MAC) address.
RIP_Felipeferras

i told you

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

he stole you're node you better be careful with that so for now on dont share you're node with no one
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
prence18

definition

Post by prence18 »

every computer connected to a network is called node. what you are saying is possible. If he capture your mac Address and you are using static ipaddress that your ISP gave you. Then my believe is, it is possible.
boozy5646

Post by boozy5646 »

Okay this is getting out of hand. The guy is cloning your MAC address, but hes too stupid to find a clone outside of your SHARED node. A node is a piece of cable equipment that is shared by a neighborhood. I worked on them for years. That guy lives close to you and is fucking up your internets. The next time he comes to your house, throw some hot soup in his face.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

boozy5646 wrote:Okay this is getting out of hand. The guy is cloning your MAC address, but hes too stupid to find a clone outside of your SHARED node. A node is a piece of cable equipment that is shared by a neighborhood. I worked on them for years. That guy lives close to you and is fucking up your internets. The next time he comes to your house, throw some hot soup in his face.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH. Some Folks Are so Dumb There Not worth Helping.