SB5101 Not working

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
number1001

SB5101 Not working

Post by number1001 »

Hi All,
Is it me or CC send a new security to SB5101 -- Can not get on line __ Any idea -- Thank in advance for the help.
RIP_Felipeferras

wrong site

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

i think you don't know that here we don't get modems online just program them
and some testing
hope u find the answer in other site
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
moddog

Post by moddog »

number1001 wrote:Hi All,
Is it me or CC send a new security to SB5101 -- Can not get on line __ Any idea -- Thank in advance for the help.
The beauty of having a modified modem is it grants you anonymity from your ISP and therefor makes you somewhat anonymous over the internet. The way someone with normal cable internet is identified by their ISP is through their cable modem's MAC address. When one signs up they are given a cable modem that works on the ISP. That cable modem's MAC address is tied to the subscribers name. Also, the MAC address is tied to an IP address. So say the government gets a warrant and asks for the identity of such-en-such IP address. The ISP finds the MAC address associated to the IP address and then the subscribers information tied to that MAC address. If the internet is hacked there is no ties to any subscriber from that MAC address and therefor the hacker can not be identified. Now on that note, if you use your ISPs bandwidth on a hacked modem your ISP will want to find you, but how can they? If you pay for cable internet and modify the modem your ISP associates or is associated to you then your ISP can find you and probably will find you. Do not modify any cable modems associated to you on your ISP! This is a major red flag. The mac address of that modem can lead your ISP to finding you because it is tied to you. If you want to modify a cable modem buy a new or used one off of the net. DO NOT modify an existing cable modem. If you get caught don't say I didn't warn you
dct700newbie

Post by dct700newbie »

moddog wrote:The beauty of having a modified modem is it grants you anonymity from your ISP and therefor makes you somewhat anonymous over the internet. The way someone with normal cable internet is identified by their ISP is through their cable modem's MAC address. When one signs up they are given a cable modem that works on the ISP. That cable modem's MAC address is tied to the subscribers name. Also, the MAC address is tied to an IP address. So say the government gets a warrant and asks for the identity of such-en-such IP address. The ISP finds the MAC address associated to the IP address and then the subscribers information tied to that MAC address. If the internet is hacked there is no ties to any subscriber from that MAC address and therefor the hacker can not be identified. Now on that note, if you use your ISPs bandwidth on a hacked modem your ISP will want to find you, but how can they? If you pay for cable internet and modify the modem your ISP associates or is associated to you then your ISP can find you and probably will find you. Do not modify any cable modems associated to you on your ISP! This is a major red flag. The mac address of that modem can lead your ISP to finding you because it is tied to you. If you want to modify a cable modem buy a new or used one off of the net. DO NOT modify an existing cable modem. If you get caught don't say I didn't warn you
Great info!
number1001

Post by number1001 »

Thank you for the infos -- I know what is the problem with my modem now.
Thank u again
dct700newbie

Post by dct700newbie »

I fixed my modem after all last night testing.. i know what the cc did!
moddog

Post by moddog »

dct700newbie wrote:I fixed my modem after all last night testing.. i know what the cc did!
that is good grate keep testing!
RIP_Felipeferras

of course

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

dct700newbie wrote:I fixed my modem after all last night testing.. i know what the cc did!
now u see the deference between just load a bin and knowing what's inside
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
moddog

modems

Post by moddog »

Digital Certificates:The Key to Authenticating Cable Modems!

As the number of cable modems being installed continues to soar, cable-service piracy, through cable modem cloning, is a growing concern. The CableLabs consortium of cable system operators has created the DOCSIS
specification, which requires that all cable modems be authenticated with digital certificates in order to address this problem.

Cable modem manufacturers must comply with this spec,
in order to continue to sell their cable modems. Creating digital certificates, however,requires a Major Investment in Security Infrastructure.

Example Haxorware baseline privacy it says certificate download/download BPI public key.BPI private key. BPI+ root public key. BPI+ cm certificate. BPI+ certificate. MODDOG TO THE WORLD