SB5100 latest mod fix?

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

TUNDRA wrote:Well They say
Where theres a WILL theres a WAY.
I'm Sure someone will find a Way to TEST. ;)
I wish I could test them more but I live in co*eco territory and there is little to no security. I can still clone a mac here ;). For how long who knows. Once in awhile I get to play in ro**rs land at a friends house. I can get online but can't figure out how to force the config. Not much fun just cloning, I want the faster speed, for no other reason then to say I did it.
moddog

Post by moddog »

cablecowboy wrote:I wish I could test them more but I live in co*eco territory and there is little to no security. I can still clone a mac here ;). For how long who knows. Once in awhile I get to play in ro**rs land at a friends house. I can get online but can't figure out how to force the config. Not much fun just cloning, I want the faster speed, for no other reason then to say I did it.
If you can still change mac you should be able to force a config:) but what do i know think addy think!
Good better best
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

moddog wrote:If you can still change mac you should be able to force a config:) but what do i know think addy think!
yes sorry I can force a config with my isp. It was r***rs, my friends isp that I am unable to force a config in bpi+ area.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cablecowboy wrote:yes sorry I can force a config with my isp. It was r***rs, my friends isp that I am unable to force a config in bpi+ area.
You may have to try full Clone.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cablecowboy

Post by cablecowboy »

TUNDRA wrote:You may have to try full Clone.
Yes I can get online with a full clone at r****s but I saw someone, 2 people at sbh that can force a config and get fast speeds. I'd love to figure that one out. It's just hard because I can only test when i go to a buddy's house. The only way I can think of is to write alpha over clone and try to host a config but first i have to figure out how to get their configs...lol
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

cablecowboy wrote:Yes I can get online with a full clone at r****s but I saw someone, 2 people at sbh that can force a config and get fast speeds. I'd love to figure that one out. It's just hard because I can only test when i go to a buddy's house. The only way I can think of is to write alpha over clone and try to host a config but first i have to figure out how to get their configs...lol
This thread is for Sb51XX Series Modems. You cant use ALPHA With that series, Unlees of Course Your intention is to BRICK The Modem. :D

And the trick is in TELNET. You will need to go Over there and Start READING. ;)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."