No connection with Linksys router

SB5XXX,SBV5XXX
eddy158k

No connection with Linksys router

Post by eddy158k »

Have a 5101 that only connect directly to the computer working fine that way. When I try connection with a Linksys router won't give me internet signal. Used to be working fine and other modem worked fine with that particular router. Any communication protocol that is missing ? Any suggestion ? Appreciated in advanced.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

eddy158k wrote:Have a 5101 that only connect directly to the computer working fine that way. When I try connection with a Linksys router won't give me internet signal. Used to be working fine and other modem worked fine with that particular router. Any communication protocol that is missing ? Any suggestion ? Appreciated in advanced.
i think you are in the wrong place this is not for internet connection support just google that and you will find the info
eddy158k

Post by eddy158k »

lafraga wrote:i think you are in the wrong place this is not for internet connection support just google that and you will find the info
Sr with all your respect. If I'm not mistaking this section is for Motorolas 5XXX. I'm talking about an SB5101 having protocols communications problems with a Linksys router. The modem has internet connection by itself when connected directly to the computer. All I need is some one who went thru the same problem before and can help me find the solution. I know Google is there but I expected this forum to have some one with more specific knowledge on the subject. Sorry if I did not express clearly the first time.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eddy158k wrote:Sr with all your respect. If I'm not mistaking this section is for Motorolas 5XXX. I'm talking about an SB5101 having protocols communications problems with a Linksys router. The modem has internet connection by itself when connected directly to the computer. All I need is some one who went thru the same problem before and can help me find the solution. I know Google is there but I expected this forum to have some one with more specific knowledge on the subject. Sorry if I did not express clearly the first time.
YES and NO. If Your SB5101 Connected Directly to Computer WORKS Then Your Problem Is Clearly WIth the Router.

And this Forum IS about Programing Targets, Weather thats a Modem,Cable Box or Router Among Others. If your Problem is a REPAIR Issuse Not Having anything to do with PROGRAMMING, THEN YOUR IN THE WRONG PALACE FOR THE HELP YOU NEED.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

eddy158k wrote:Sr with all your respect. If I'm not mistaking this section is for Motorolas 5XXX. I'm talking about an SB5101 having protocols communications problems with a Linksys router. The modem has internet connection by itself when connected directly to the computer. All I need is some one who went thru the same problem before and can help me find the solution. I know Google is there but I expected this forum to have some one with more specific knowledge on the subject. Sorry if I did not express clearly the first time.
sorry if i was rude i did not mean to make anybody angry i just wanted to tell you that this forum is only for programing devices like tundra said it

i think we are all here to help eachother ;):cool:
eddy158k

Post by eddy158k »

Guys the problem is NOT the router. The router works fine with a different SB5101. The problem is clearly a communication issue of that particular modem with Linksys routers (I tried 2 Linksys routers same results) and isn't the SB5101 modem a programming device and therefore the correct place to post this particular tread ?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

eddy158k wrote:Have a 5101 that only connect directly to the computer working fine that way. When I try connection with a Linksys router won't give me internet signal. Used to be working fine and other modem worked fine with that particular router. Any communication protocol that is missing ? Any suggestion ? Appreciated in advanced.
If your router is good, check if the router is using 192.168.100.x IP and it is conflict with the IP address of SB5101. This is just a guess.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

usbbdm wrote:If your router is good, check if the router is using 192.168.100.x IP and it is conflict with the IP address of SB5101. This is just a guess.
By Default the Linksys Routers use 192.168.1.1 Unless It was Changed by End User.
I would Suggest if anything, Holding down the Reset Button For 15 to 20 Seconds to Revert Router Back To Factory Settings and See If that Solves the Problem.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eddy158k wrote:Guys the problem is NOT the router. The router works fine with a different SB5101. The problem is clearly a communication issue of that particular modem with Linksys routers (I tried 2 Linksys routers same results) and isn't the SB5101 modem a programming device and therefore the correct place to post this particular tread ?
Tryed a Different Patch Wire? If a Different SB5101 works But Not this One It could be a Contact Issuse On that Particular SB5101 PCB Ether Connector.

I have seen some where some of the pins stay stuck and don't make good connection with Patch Wire.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

eddy158k wrote:Guys the problem is NOT the router. The router works fine with a different SB5101. The problem is clearly a communication issue of that particular modem with Linksys routers (I tried 2 Linksys routers same results) and isn't the SB5101 modem a programming device and therefore the correct place to post this particular tread ?
you can also try this:
login to the router
go to status and hit "dhcp release" and then hit "dhcp renew"

because some times it is an ip conflict
eddy158k

Post by eddy158k »

Thanks for your suggestions guys. I'll try that and report back tomorrow.
eddy158k

Post by eddy158k »

CAPONE wrote:Tryed a Different Patch Wire? If a Different SB5101 works But Not this One It could be a Contact Issuse On that Particular SB5101 PCB Ether Connector.

I have seen some where some of the pins stay stuck and don't make good connection with Patch Wire.
Hey men ... turn out to be what you said ... a contact issue at the modem ethernet port. Thanks for your suggestion.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eddy158k wrote:Hey men ... turn out to be what you said ... a contact issue at the modem ethernet port. Thanks for your suggestion.
Great. Glad you Found the Problem.