sb4200 question

SB4XXX,SBV4XXX.
themob

sb4200 question

Post by themob »

I have sb4200 and i did back up all. Question, how do i load up with sigma. i am seeing the different way of sb5100 or sb5101 like image 0.

This 4200 has Ram,Firm, CFGO, Firm1, CFG, Log2 and allflash. Do i write CFGO with simga?

after i reading say detect Idram 9fc0000 program 9fc0000 2000 not sure if for backup
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

themob wrote:I have sb4200 and i did back up all. Question, how do i load up with sigma. i am seeing the different way of sb5100 or sb5101 like image 0.

This 4200 has Ram,Firm, CFGO, Firm1, CFG, Log2 and allflash. Do i write CFGO with simga?

after i reading say detect Idram 9fc0000 program 9fc0000 2000 not sure if for backup
Full backup should be 9fc00000 200000
After you have a good BackUp
Program Firm & Firm1 with your Test Firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
themob

Post by themob »

Tundra,

Thank for the respond. I did wrote the firmware Firm, Firm 1 then verfity say data ok.

After that unplug and plug in and the 3 light are frozen and i has to write allflash and the light are back on like normal. I was think maybe it is required to have bootloader?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

themob wrote:Tundra,

Thank for the respond. I did wrote the firmware Firm, Firm 1 then verfity say data ok.

After that unplug and plug in and the 3 light are frozen and i has to write allflash and the light are back on like normal. I was think maybe it is required to have bootloader?
Dude No Boot Loader for that Modem. I never Use the USBJTAG NT ON that Modem. TOO Darn Old. I use etherboot and Serial tool To Load Firmware.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
themob

Post by themob »

Ok sir. Yes it is old school! something to do lol!
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

use black cat is easier to do just one click and u will load the firm in the correct place without a single problem
but if you want to use the usbjtagnt u will need to load a full back up (with the firm already in the backup.ibn)
that's the easiest way to do it also use sprograming since the sb4200 is odd and is not supported in fast programing
i personally try to load the firm using nt but no luck since im not an expert i tried same as tundra says but i just got the modem stuck not brick and the other way around wil be looking for the right place to put the firm and modifying the XML but that s to much hex numbers and i got dizzy but if someone want to do it on a well explain post you are welcome to do so

[PHP]in black cat from 00004000 to 0000fff0 is the firm located it

from 00010000 to 00040480 is the same

in usbjtag nt soft shows
from 9fc05f90 to 9fc10000 the difference
fnck this is so frustrating
when you have no idea how to do stuff like this [/PHP]
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

felipeferras wrote:use black cat is easier to do just one click and u will load the firm in the correct place without a single problem
but if you want to use the usbjtagnt u will need to load a full back up (with the firm already in the backup.ibn)
that's the easiest way to do it also use sprograming since the sb4200 is odd and is not supported in fast programing
i personally try to load the firm using nt but no luck since im not an expert i tried same as tundra says but i just got the modem stuck not brick and the other way around wil be looking for the right place to put the firm and modifying the XML but that s to much hex numbers and i got dizzy but if someone want to do it on a well explain post you are welcome to do so

[PHP]in black cat from 00004000 to 0000fff0 is the firm located it

from 00010000 to 00040480 is the same

in usbjtag nt soft shows
from 9fc05f90 to 9fc10000 the difference
fnck this is so frustrating
when you have no idea how to do stuff like this [/PHP]
You can also take a full flash With Firm already On It and locate where is the Test firmware located so you Know where it has to be Installed.
But Doing them with eatherboot and serial tool is so Easy why Waist time. :D
themob

Post by themob »

Hey there,

I don't have blackcat nor serial tools. The reason, I am asking because the software of usbjtag nt say sb4200 so i guess it will work but apparantly not.

I guess, The sb4200 will be sitting on shevle become dust. LOL. oh well.

Thank for hte sharing info Tundra and felipeferras.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

themob wrote:Hey there,

I don't have blackcat nor serial tools. The reason, I am asking because the software of usbjtag nt say sb4200 so i guess it will work but apparantly not.

It does work. I know this for a Fact , But I never use it to program these model modems. However i Know of members here that do and it works.

For the sound of what you posted above You have Nothing to do, So try different things and see if you firgure it out. And like FelipeFerras Said. Use Slow Programing.

Heres the Diagram to Make your Own Blackcat. No Special Skills Needed. Can get parts from RatShack
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RIP_Felipeferras

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

themob wrote:Hey there,

i m gonna send you a full back up with the firm load it on already just remember to use sprograming
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
brazen

Post by brazen »

felipeferras wrote:i m gonna send you a full back up with the firm load it on already just remember to use sprograming
I hate to have to ask but can you please send me a copy of the 4200 full flash as well?

I don't want to build or buy another tool and I haven't had any luck finding a full flash with google.

Thank you
brazen

Post by brazen »

Please disregard my last message. I was able to get everything worked out and no longer need help.