WatchDog/Hunt

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
Jason

WatchDog/Hunt

Post by Jason »

Is there a work around for the watchdog on a 6412? I can sprogram about 4000 bytes at a time on the plat. I have to getram everytime to verify that it did all 4000 bytes then reload and continue. It's taken far to long. Also what part of which file will take this unit out of hunt mode. I know I can connect to cc and it will, but I am working on a project that does not allow for this.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

There is no work around yet. (as far as I know).
I do not use sprogram it is slow. I program backword. Program the beginning sector of plat last. This way your boot block will not try to load the plat and the plat is invalid. (Erase the first block of plat).
UserName

Post by UserName »

if oyu do that the box will go in hunt. and then if connect to cable DLx
Jason

Post by Jason »

Ok I tried programing from 9c040000 6D78A0. It erased everything then did a quick program. The erase worked fine, but the unit locked and never seen the program. What am I doing wrong or what else could I try?
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I will try to use sprogram. When it failed due to watchdog start again at where it stopped.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I used program and started 4K bytes into the plat. I did 8k bytes at a time. I was able to program the plat that way. I was then able to program the first 4k bytes. I can also program the nvram, ram and ram1 with setram command. Ram2 and ram3 will not program right. Every time I setram a tab (ram,ram1) after it programs it resets and I have to detect the unit agian or it will not go on. I am looking for help to make it more stable.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

Never setram ram. Ram is for read only and if you do development you need poke a few bytes. setram ram will not do anything thing good.
setram NVRAM can do some work to initialize the channel map and some data.
Jason

Post by Jason »

So would anything in the ram (1,2,3) keep the unit in hunt mode? I did notice that when I setram ram (1,2,3) it never had the same information. What function does each ram secion do?
UserName

Post by UserName »

programing like that will not work properly if did you do not see hunt/
Jason

Poke/Peek

Post by Jason »

I have compared the hex files with cygnus and found six sections that are all zeros. I have looked into the peek and poke commands. When I do peek I get back 8 bytes of data backwards. IE Tab view 9C03B1B0 25 23 42 2E 7B 4C 94 D0 peek view D0944C7B2E422325. Why is the data backwards? When I try poke to incert data it never takes. Any suggestions on using poke?
UserName

Post by UserName »

best you can do is setnvram and let the box download what it can...but you only get basic channels like 5 7 etc...at least you can record them. good for a room were no box..
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
Jason

Post by Jason »

Ok kinda on the right track setram does not work for the plat. I reseached and found what the blocks in the intel flash are. I was able to program 2K bytes at a time. After each 2K program I must reset the unit and re-detect it then I can continue with the program. I am only redoing the ones that gave me mismatch data, although it is only 8 bytes I have to program 2K at a time I could not get the poke to work peek works just fine.
Jason

Post by Jason »

I finally got the whole plat to program and the unit went out of hunt, but the UA changed. Is there a way to load the plat and not have the UA change?
elkora

Post by elkora »

Jason wrote:I finally got the whole plat to program and the unit went out of hunt, but the UA changed. Is there a way to load the plat and not have the UA change?
is not what we trying to do? we want to change the UA so the box don't get disconnect?

how did you program the whole plat by sectors?
Jason

Programing Plat on DCT 6412 Phase 3

Post by Jason »

I removed the cable input.
Detect
ldram plat
Program 9c020000 20000
Reset unit
Detect
Program 9c040000 20000
Reset unit
Detect
Program 9c060000 40000
Reset
Detect
Program 9c0a0000 160000
Reset
Detect
Cont this cycle you can program by 20000, 40000, 80000, 160000
You just need to make sure you don't hold the processor to long or the watchdog will reset it during programing. If you power reset and detect the unit after each step of the program it will lock the 6000 up. At least this is what kept happening to me. I am going to test this on several other units. The UA changed when I loaded all the plat. I am trying to find where in the bin it effected the UA. If you can't count good in hex just use the advance calc in windows. I programed this unit with usbjtag and usbjtag nt. I found no differences.