Dct-6412 boot

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
elkora

Dct-6412 boot

Post by elkora »

is anyone know how to program boot with NT for DCT-6412 PIII?
is this possible or we have to use a byteblaster?

thanks,
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

If byteblaster can do it. NT can do it.

I have not play with phrase III for a long time and will resume this since I need to create script for it. What is your problem now? I know you can always use "erase" and "sprogram".

If you cannot program it please post your output window.
One tip. Type "log 1" to begin log and "log 0" to stop log. All the output will be saved to a log file in your usbjtagnt directory.
UserName

Post by UserName »

you should not try to program boot.. u will brick that dvr. its a watchdog enabled for a reason.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
elkora

Post by elkora »

usbbdm wrote:If byteblaster can do it. NT can do it.

I have not play with phrase III for a long time and will resume this since I need to create script for it. What is your problem now? I know you can always use "erase" and "sprogram".

If you cannot program it please post your output window.
One tip. Type "log 1" to begin log and "log 0" to stop log. All the output will be saved to a log file in your usbjtagnt directory.
when you have a change can you test your box my never finish the process it will hang and nothing happens.

thanks,
elkora

Post by elkora »

question usbbdm is UID on the micro? I was able to program boot,plat & nvram on a 3416 PI and the UID is the same default box?
elkora

Post by elkora »

elkora wrote:question usbbdm is UID on the micro? I was able to program boot,plat & nvram on a 3416 PI and the UID is the same default box?
I take this question back, UID is not on micro. UID is on boot not only 1 but 7 times so in order to change the UID first we need to be able to program boot and I don't think is possible with NT :(
Pichardo

program outside ??

Post by Pichardo »

UserName wrote:you should not try to program boot.. u will brick that dvr. its a watchdog enabled for a reason.
And if i take out from the board the flash and i program it with some programmers like UP-256. Or use a new (Virgen) flash with different boot .. it brick any way?

thankz in advanced ! ! !
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

elkora had found that the UID for DCT6412 is in the boot. He is right. I just checked the boot and there are several copies of UID stored in boot.
The boot is, however, hard to program. Seems that it was protected somehow.
elkora

Post by elkora »

I hope you found the solution I was not able to program the boot, I order my labtool programmer I will try to program the flash outside the box.

thanks usbbdm.
elkora

Post by elkora »

maybe you can come with new dll test for this units and include the option to change the UID.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I think this flash is protected in the flash to protect the boot. If that is the case, external programmer will not work. Maybe we need to swap another 128Mbit flash.
elkora

Post by elkora »

I will make some testing next week. If this boxes are similar to DIV3000 then is not in the flash, Spain people can program the boot by disabling the wdog I know they use byteblaster to jtag altera then erase the boot after erasing they need some jumpers to altera in order to detect flash.
elkora

Post by elkora »

usbbdm wrote:I think this flash is protected in the flash to protect the boot. If that is the case, external programmer will not work. Maybe we need to swap another 128Mbit flash.
any 128Mbit will work? or did you have any suggestion on which flash is compatible
UserName

Post by UserName »

uid is not in boot people you crazy. is in XC chip focus...the boot stores like a log is protected by a 12v relay. i program it with a copy from other boot does not change my uid. there is a hardware block can be done to all boxes that once you have channels the XC chip will not accept any more commands works on cablecard boxes also ... problem they can still disconnect in nvram but they cant remove the channels anymore. and i have to keep reflash the nvram from time to time.
do not believe what i say 10% its true :confused:
elkora

Post by elkora »

elkora wrote:any 128Mbit will work? or did you have any suggestion on which flash is compatible
never mind I found the original flash locally :)