Post by cherrymachine »

Following boxes will read and write with a normal jtag hookup:

6412/2305

3416/2305

6416/2300

you will need a working nvram from one of the above
set the program speed slow at it will go
on occasion had to write to nvram 3 times
be patient on reset after writing to nvram, may take up to a minute to load complety
box may reset 2 to 3 times before settling in.
Dont touch any of the firmware

Had no luck with these...

DCH 6416

DCH 3200

DCX 3400

6208/2005

6412/2000

DCH 6200

The verizon QIPS can be read and writed to, but seems anything changes in nvram forces a hunt mode and cant be recovered from...

Also the Pace RNG 110, no luck
bucckevin

Post by bucckevin »

We're pretty much limited to that until someone starts working on mcards. I think these older hd boxes are fine, we just need usbbdm to start working on them so the firmware can be modified and we can block updates, change upm, etc without a hardware mod :>
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

bucckevin wrote:We're pretty much limited to that until someone starts working on mcards. I think these older hd boxes are fine, we just need usbbdm to start working on them so the firmware can be modified and we can block updates, change upm, etc without a hardware mod :>
USBBDM Already Stated that He won't be doing any firmware testing in the older units becose he cant disasemble firmware. Yet there is no need to HW Mod them to Protect box. Box remains with guide,DVR Funtions and fully Protected. And M-Card Is Doable as Well. A Bit more Complicated but Doable.
universall

hardware mod

Post by universall »

bucckevin wrote:We're pretty much limited to that until someone starts working on mcards. I think these older hd boxes are fine, we just need usbbdm to start working on them so the firmware can be modified and we can block updates, change upm, etc without a hardware mod :>
do you have more information on the hardware mod??