DCT 3416 Phase 1

DCT64XX,DCT34XX
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Interesting. After it unsuccessfully tries to download current Apps, it spits out
AU (tries to authenticate but can't) followed by EF (erases the Flash like we do here) followed by FP (Flash programmed) and - - - - (four Dashes signifies that its task is done) . I wanna see it say SEND/RFSH - sends a Refresh Signal. HeadEnd says that they're unable to do it. Bunch of Scalawags ! An even bigger challenge than the NOT AUTHORIZED issue. One challenge after another! Testing is WAY COOL !
I can tell you as a matter of FACT, That is BS on there part. All they need from you to send a Hit to that box (Regardless of the fact that it was not there box to begin with) Is the Box's Serial number and/or UID..........

Of course, they won't tell you that........
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
cherrymachine

headend

Post by cherrymachine »

Headend (or street techs) dont use seriel or GI numbers for activation or upgrades. The boxes are assigned another number associated with that serial number ( usually starts with 2 letters)
when they get a batch in.. If the two letter serial isnt assigned to that company, they cant access it..

Not at an employee level anyway..
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Greetings, Mr. Cherry ! I've been told that the reason this unit won't spark up is because the Billing Dept. doesn't have the appropriate Service Codes to link this unit onto my Account. Wow-w !
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Greetings, Mr. Cherry ! I've been told that the reason this unit won't spark up is because the Billing Dept. doesn't have the appropriate Service Codes to link this unit onto my Account. Wow-w !
They will give you all kinds of reasons Why they CAN'T. I have seen them tell people they can't add the box to there account because the previous person that had the box had an unpaid Balance....... WHF????? :)
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
Killswitch

Fat and Sassy

Post by Killswitch »

Just for shits/giggles, if a Client wanted to upgrade to a box that offers the luxury of a HD DVR , get ready to spend $17.95/month for a rental fee. Damn ! Are there any doubts how Comcast (Xfinity) got to be one of the Top Ten worst companies to do business with in the USA ? Thieving bastards !
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

CAPONE wrote:They will give you all kinds of reasons Why they CAN'T. I have seen them tell people they can't add the box to there account because the previous person that had the box had an unpaid Balance....... WHF????? :)
I've had this happen to me...I had some spare testing boxes and decided to hook them up to my account cause the past sub was deauth'd....but they wouldn't hook them up for me because they past subscriber had $ owing on them..even though you can buy boxes here no problem used if there is any money owing on them they won't hook them up for you
live your life like a beer commericial
Wolfgang

Hi MoonGoon

Post by Wolfgang »

MoonGoon wrote:... To prevent Return, I combined two (2) 54 Mhz FM Traps to make an effective 108 Mhz filter ...
This math of yours with filters doesn't make any sense Mr. MoonGoon. The 54 MHz filter is a high pass filter which means it cuts everything bellow 54 MHz, in other words it prevents the Upstream modem to communicate with the cable company so no return signal is sent back. Combining filters doesn't add up the frequency, it may do better suppression but the bandwidth stays the same. If you want to cut your OOB signal to prevent killing hit from the caco then you need a filter that cuts everything bellow 120 MHz so no data is received by the box if sent on 104.2 MHz or any other OOB carrier. Unfortunately DCT3416 has a DOCSIS modem that works as a gateway so it could be still killed since data are sent within the Inband Spectrum. I am sorry if I confused you but that is how Data downstream works on these. As far as the One Moment Please, many things may cause it. You will get Not Authorized message only if the box receives the channel with satisfactory SNR for which you don't have the right video keys, once cable is disconnected it will show again OneMomPl. Don't really have any experience with programming this type so the oldtimers of this forum may help you more regarding that process. On the other hand, if you tried to activate the box which is the only way to get the right keys, you must do cold reset and make the box to download latest available code modules including the platform code, tv guide, DVR app, channel map etc. Once the box shows 0 on the front display, it will take the hit from your cable provider. You must provide all the numbers from the labels to the customer service (Host Serial Number, Unit Address, MAC, DOCSIS etc. what ever your provider needs)
I am still wondering if Comcast does accept third party equipment since they don't sell boxes, hence the box is considered stolen or not returned equipment. The guys up there in Canada are the lucky ones, they can buy boxes on eBay and activate those without problems on most providers. I wish you good luck with this box.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

now adays "filters" are useless~!~ no matter what anyone tells ya...you do not need filters, and they really do nothing!!! you can achieve ANYTHING you want WITHOUT any kind of filter!!! :D
cherrymachine

filters

Post by cherrymachine »

Wolfgang is correct on the stacking of filters..does not change the freq..and in some situations (HD HW mod update) an upstream filter wouldnt hurt...As for Canada, yes they can buy and sell boxes, but as far as i know they have to have been on thier system (Conego? something like that) already
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

cherrymachine wrote:Wolfgang is correct on the stacking of filters..does not change the freq..and in some situations (HD HW mod update) an upstream filter wouldnt hurt...As for Canada, yes they can buy and sell boxes, but as far as i know they have to have been on thier system (Conego? something like that) already
we can walk into our local best buy/future shop, and buy a bran new unit still all wrapped up pretty in the box and the caco can activate it, or we can go on the classifieds and buy used boxes and as long as there is no money owing on them the caco will hook them up no problem for you(I think i'm allowed like 5 boxes on each single account) BUT... caco's will not go against eachother and hook up eachother's boxes....so if you have a Conego account used box and go to hook it up with shaw they will NOT do that, it has to be the same caco's past subb'd box if your buying it used. and it also has to be from the same city I believe (I somehow acquired a box from winnipeg in the past and I don't think the caco let me activate that one either)
Killswitch

Specificity

Post by Killswitch »

Gentlemen: will the NVRAM from either the 6412 or 6416 interface correctly on my 3416 ? Since the MB, CPU, Flash etc. are all the same, I'm thinking that I have a fighting chance . I'm casually wondering how specific NVRAM's are for specific models. I hope it's not a 1 - 1 relationship. Goodday.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

MoonGoon wrote:Gentlemen: will the NVRAM from either the 6412 or 6416 interface correctly on my 3416 ? Since the MB, CPU, Flash etc. are all the same, I'm thinking that I have a fighting chance . I'm casually wondering how specific NVRAM's are for specific models. I hope it's not a 1 - 1 relationship. Goodday.
For the most part it is best to think of it as being a 1 to 1 relationship, However for the sake of nothing better than testing I have installed a DCT700 NVRAM on to a DCT2500 and it did work as far as the channel line up and video goes, However there were a few channels that the guide was not able to populate which had no effect on the video or other normal box functions. So long as you save a good NVRAM backup, I would suggest you try it. The backup will be for safe measure as I know for a fact that if the box does not like the NVRAM or in other words it seams to the box as corrupted, the box will go into HUNT Mode and then Download Mode and fix IT-SELF back to the Original NVRAM with out you having to reprogram it. ;)
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yes, Sir - did the so-called Cold Reset that is supposedly required for Activation (got my doubts about that one) . Fingers applied to Power and Menu buttons with a Plug-In. BOOT will appear. The Channel UP button will reveal the letters n dl . Takes an honest 20 mins. or so to load the most current FW Comcast is using. Which is 16.90 along with BOOT 5.10 . As I'm sure you're aware, this will strip the Channel Map straight out and leave the familiar 0 that you get to see with any kind of Factory Reset. Seeing 0 is getting to be a reg thing. Unfortunately, since the box is renegade, it ganks at trying to load TV Guide App into place. It leaves you with ASTB INVD . This is the result of being EP01 . I have gotten a return call from Xfinity expressing an interest to resolve the issue post haste. I CAN Activate if I pay the $17.95/month rental fee ass-ociated with HDMI HD DVR boxes like the 3416 . I consider this a balls-to-wall RIPOFF . A travesty in more diplomatic English. Maybe I can shake them down by telling them I'm ready to call it a day. They'll probably request that I bring my equipment back and take from there since this is SOP . These people are MORE controlling than Microsoft. Wow-w !
cherrymachine

select and power

Post by cherrymachine »

never do this to a "connected" box untill you learn more...lol
Killswitch

Post by Killswitch »

Yea, Mr. Machine - I HAVE read your posts from the Archives, being the studious kinda Tester that I am. What happens, do a bunch of channels get
desubbed from the mix ? What's up with THAT ? Just another glitch in this game we play with the provider. I cut a deal with Comcast that they're gonna charge me an additional $5/month for Rental on this box. Mr. Capone has convinced me that I cannot Reconnect from an EP01 error code status. I can see it being a Bitch to get your InBand back otherwise. So, I go with the flow. More Value Meal money going to the provider. Soon, they will be eating Filet Mignon w/ Asparagus spears off my plate. Damn !