pace DC501P digital box (DETECTS FINE)

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

make1up

pace DC501P digital box (DETECTS FINE)

Post by make1up »

I found a pace DC501P at a thrift store, it has a rogers logo on it. I opened it up and there is a Broadcom chip in it. So I soldered a header to it (14 pins) and used dct 2500 mode on the usbjtag software and it detects;

Found Address= 90000000 AMD 29lv320MT
detect
IDCODE 3711017F
Broadcom Part NotFound 7110
IMPCODE 800904
DMA supoorted
Found Address= 90000000 AMD 29lv320MT

I backup a bunch of things, and saved them as;
getram_plat_pace_DC501P_orig.bin
getram_9x7_2x5_pace_DC501P_orig.bin
NVRAM_pace_DC501P_backup_orig.bin
pace_DC501P_90000000_400000.bin

you can get what I backed up by the names I assume?

Anyways, I want to know what to do next? What do I write to it? How do I modify the backups I took, so i can write them back and test digi cable?

Also, when I press "DCT TESTING/PPV INFO/ I get;

But I get errors for everything else. I assume it is because the software doesn't have support for my chip? If somebody could also post the info for me to paste into my flash.def file that would be rgeat, thansk~!!!!

Basically what I am looking for is some detailed steps on what I have to do, in order to get this up and running :) I was under the assumption if I could read/write from it I would be able to test with it? Correct? I would need ot modify some of the backups and flash them back etc. ??? Please help me, thank you soo much. :)

Thanks alot, in advance for any replies :) ttyl :P
make1up

Post by make1up »

Nobody has any idea? Really?

What steps would I take if this was a dct2500 or anohter "supported" device? I tried to look for a good tutorial, but it seems like ALL the info is scattered and most of the threads I read are posted by people who already know the neccesary steps and are having problems with them. I don't know where to begin at all. Thanks.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I believe I have one of this box. But there is no service here and very limited knowledge other than I know the USBJTAG NT can read and write the flash. The dll you used to get ppv info is not for this device and do not even try it.
make1up

Post by make1up »

Ok, first thanks for the reply. Now, let's pretend this is a dct box. What would I do next, if I had already soldered header and dumped it. I know this isn't and the EXACT same steps won't work. But I am just curious as to what one would do...? Thanks again.
usbbdm

Post by usbbdm »

I will find where is the NVRAM and if you want to do fake UID you need to study the firmware. Fake UID is possible with this unit.
make1up

Post by make1up »

Ok great, thanks alot~!!!! I will read up on this "fake UID"... What exactly is UID, user ID? Upstream something? lol

Where do you suggest I start to read about this?? Will a Google search be helpful?? I think a Google search would be easier if I knew what it stood for, but thanks alot.

I would really like to anything I can with this box.. So if a fake UID is what's possible then that's what I wanna do :) Thanks again for all this help :)
make1up

Post by make1up »

Ok after some reading.... I see that I have to copy the nvram from a working box. Now, could I not just scan for cable boxes? How would I scan, does somebody know how to do this? There has to be another way, I mean subscribing, copying the nvram and then just canceling, and re flashing the working nvram, can't be the only way, is it?

HmmMmMmM If I can scan snmp for modems, what would I scan for digi boxes lol :P