DCH3416 Reactivation?

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

Garfios

Post by Garfios »

TUNDRA wrote:Filters do not workwell anymore. In most places they Now block channels as well.
This method will substitute the filter? and what abot RNG110 (the black ones) I heard some are fixing the box without the filter, thanks Tundra you r a great help like always.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Garfios wrote:This method will substitute the filter? and what abot RNG110 (the black ones) I heard some are fixing the box without the filter, thanks Tundra you r a great help like always.
Correct. Will have same Effect as the Filter. And Yes The Hardware MOD also can be done to the RNG110's.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
b18delsol

Post by b18delsol »

I know you cant activate a box. is there a way to tell if a box is de auth? a co worker of mine is a lan lord and when the tenants upstairs moved they left the box behind. He gave it to me for working on his computer. Just curious my sister has the same box, is it possible to mirror everything from hers to this box i received?

Update: It does let me flip through channels and doesn't show channel 0 on the front. But no image comes on any of the channels.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

if the boxes were disconnected before the hit from caco and they had channels on you can still do something with them but if they got the hit just put them somewhere for future testing;)
b18delsol wrote:I know you cant activate a box. is there a way to tell if a box is de auth? a co worker of mine is a lan lord and when the tenants upstairs moved they left the box behind. He gave it to me for working on his computer. Just curious my sister has the same box, is it possible to mirror everything from hers to this box i received?

Update: It does let me flip through channels and doesn't show channel 0 on the front. But no image comes on any of the channels.
Get rich or die trying
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

b18delsol wrote:I know you cant activate a box. is there a way to tell if a box is de auth? a co worker of mine is a lan lord and when the tenants upstairs moved they left the box behind. He gave it to me for working on his computer. Just curious my sister has the same box, is it possible to mirror everything from hers to this box i received?

0 On display sounds like No NVRAM.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

just to add .......why don't you try to connect the box and see what you get after you program...also, you should unplug that sucker just in case the cc still has the desub hit in the stream ! you should always keep the box unpluged from the stream until your able to program it, that way you can at least get it programmed and try to get those channels back, because if you just plug it in without doing anything you take the chance of the box getting hit with the desub from the cable co.
live your life like a beer commericial
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

what is the model of that box?

Get rich or die trying
b18delsol

Post by b18delsol »

lafraga wrote:what is the model of that box?
DCH3416

It's plugged but no cable running to it, after it saying one moment please I figured it might be able to come back so I unhooked the rg-6 from the back. Thanks for all the feedback.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

b18delsol wrote:DCH3416

It's plugged but no cable running to it, after it saying one moment please I figured it might be able to come back so I unhooked the rg-6 from the back. Thanks for all the feedback.
You should get picture as soon as you connect Coax Signal. If no Picture Box may not be from your area.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

sorry to say this but you have nothing to do with this box but just test and test ;)
the only way you could do something with it was if it had the channels and as tundra said it may be from a diferent area but if you know that the boxes were being used in your area then you out of luck for now buddy ;)
b18delsol wrote:DCH3416

Get rich or die trying
b18delsol

Post by b18delsol »

I know the guy lived the next town over, hes had the box sitting for a long while so maybe it needs a firmware update first? i mean a long while lol. He hasnt had tenants for over a yr.
lafraga wrote:sorry to say this but you have nothing to do with this box but just test and test ;)
the only way you could do something with it was if it had the channels and as tundra said it may be from a diferent area but if you know that the boxes were being used in your area then you out of luck for now buddy ;)
So there is no way to copy my sisters sub'd box's stuff over? same STB just shes paying for the service.
lafraga

Post by lafraga »

update it to see what you get but like i said before the box has to be from your area and it has to have the channels authorized by the xc chip in order to work for you

and no you can "NOT" clone your syster's box into yours
b18delsol wrote:I know the guy lived the next town over, hes had the box sitting for a long while so maybe it needs a firmware update first? i mean a long while lol. He hasnt had tenants for over a yr.

So there is no way to copy my sisters sub'd box's stuff over? same STB just shes paying for the service.
Get rich or die trying
b18delsol

Post by b18delsol »

lafraga wrote:update it to see what you get but like i said before the box has to be from your area and it has to have the channels authorized by the xc chip in order to work for you

and no you can "NOT" clone your syster's box into yours
Thanks, ill try and get an update going on it see if it comes to life. Havent purchased the Jtag yet though. Shall i hold off on the updating?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

b18delsol wrote:Thanks, ill try and get an update going on it see if it comes to life. Havent purchased the Jtag yet though. Shall i hold off on the updating?
If your Box is a DCH3416, Then it Don't Matter as we cant test that box with the USBJTAG NT Yet.
b18delsol

Post by b18delsol »

TUNDRA wrote:If your Box is a DCH3416, Then it Don't Matter as we cant test that box with the USBJTAG NT Yet.
Good call :) lol, i thought because the box was in this list it worked for it. Thanks Tundra