DCH3416 Reactivation?

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

eCs8769

DCH3416 Reactivation?

Post by eCs8769 »

Started this thread on SBH, was referred in hopes to receive assistance.

1st post: Hacked DCH3416 stopped working since yesterday morning, all channels are gone even the local analog channels (1-24), checked the room which has a direct cable connection and the signal is perfect (1-24 work fine), same for Internet, I think Comcast finally killed the illegal boxes...even if the box has a filter in the back like mine does. Just want to ask the question to see if anyone in the SFL area has been affected?

2nd post:It's a filter with a blue sticker on it. Worked great for 2 years w/ zero problems, my grandpa has one too and he has not called me yet about it not working, were on 2 different nodes but live less than a mile away from each other, for example channels 25-79 went digital about 2 weeks prior before his node went digital on those channels. Posted Image of a

Similar smaller filter with a blue sticker on it.

also to note, I never received guide info or closed caption when I enabled it, everything was always TBA, and before when the power when off and/or the box was power cycled, upon powering up it said "please wait" in red letters with a white background, then came another box right after (mentioning activation) almost covering the entire channel until 5-8 secs later then the box would dissapear and allow the channels to be viewed perfectly, now it just brings up the please wait box followed by no channel access. If my box was de-activated, is there a way I can re-activate it?

Image pic of filter
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

Sure Calling Comcast and Paying For Sub. Thats the Only Way to ReActivate Box. SO your still with the OLD SCHOOL FILTER CRAP. LOL.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
RIP_Felipeferras

can you erase one

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

this one o the other one pick your choice
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

felipeferras wrote:this one o the other one pick your choice
Its gona Be this One. LOL
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
eCs8769

Post by eCs8769 »

Im assuming thats what happened to my box but not 100% sure, would it tell me the activation state in the diagnostic menu? Is there a way I can get around the this problem and get the unit to work in its prior state?
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eCs8769 wrote:Im assuming thats what happened to my box but not 100% sure, would it tell me the activation state in the diagnostic menu? Is there a way I can get around the this problem and get the unit to work in its prior state?
Filters do not workwell anymore. In most places they Now block channels as well.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eCs8769 wrote:Im assuming thats what happened to my box but not 100% sure, would it tell me the activation state in the diagnostic menu? Is there a way I can get around the this problem and get the unit to work in its prior state?
NO way around that problem if it got DeSubbed.
eCs8769

Post by eCs8769 »

Ok thx for your help Tundra.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eCs8769 wrote:Ok thx for your help Tundra.
No Problem Buddy. ;)
ilavu

Post by ilavu »

TUNDRA wrote:Filters do not workwell anymore. In most places they Now block channels as well.
May I ask TUNDRA, What this modification do? Like, block firm update, Block XC chip deauth or feed back to CC?
eCs8769

Post by eCs8769 »

Just wanted to update those who were interested in this case, dad came over earlier today and mentioned grandpas box also got scrambled.
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

ilavu wrote:May I ask TUNDRA, What this modification do? Like, block firm update, Block XC chip deauth or feed back to CC?
Blocks Everything. No Feed Back to CC , You get No Guide , No Updtaes , No Nothing. :D
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

eCs8769 wrote:Just wanted to update those who were interested in this case, dad came over earlier today and mentioned grandpas box also got scrambled.
Waited to Long. Should have called or let him Know to disconnect his Box after yours went Down. 2 late Now.
RIP_Felipeferras

i told you

Post by RIP_Felipeferras »

to disconnected the box but now is no turning back
٩(●̮̮̃•)۶=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ᴼ•ₒ ○ ˚ͦ ◦•ᵒ ºᴼ•ₒ no andaba muerto andaba de parranda ₒ•ᴼ۝
eCs8769

Post by eCs8769 »

All good things must come to an end unfortunately, ran flawlessly for 2 years, so it definitely payed for itself x10 :], I don't have the tools required to perform those operations unfortunately, in the mean time i'll be using my FTA and attempting to contact my source on any updates regarding the cable box, thanks to Felipe as well for all his help.