take an update

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

trobbin88

take an update

Post by trobbin88 »

I have some receivers that I have been testing, they need to take an update. Some are debricked and some still have the channels but no guide, The receivers that I have tested they will loose all the upper channels and only have basic again. Is there a way to test without loosing the channels. It seems the one's that are not debricked still work with no guide, but still need an update, the only way to fix this problem is to brick the box, then debrick, let take update, test again, let load, when it comes back on all the upper channels are gone. Any suggestions. thx
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

trobbin88 wrote:I have some receivers that I have been testing, they need to take an update. Some are debricked and some still have the channels but no guide, The receivers that I have tested they will loose all the upper channels and only have basic again. Is there a way to test without loosing the channels. It seems the one's that are not debricked still work with no guide, but still need an update, the only way to fix this problem is to brick the box, then debrick, let take update, test again, let load, when it comes back on all the upper channels are gone. Any suggestions. thx
i dont think you mean your bricking them and debricking them...wrong terms you are using.....

so the boxs get the upper channels before you take an update your saying? then after you take the update you get the guide back but not those channels? is that correct? are those boxs local?
live your life like a beer commericial
trobbin88

Post by trobbin88 »

Yes that is correct. The box will not take an update until you can bring the box back to its original state, after update upper channels are gone.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

trobbin88 wrote:Yes that is correct. The box will not take an update until you can bring the box back to its original state, after update upper channels are gone.
is the box local or no? why you have to bring it back to "original" state like you say is because you have to unlock it to take the update, then reprogram to block it up again...but if the box was't local then you could loose channels because of the keys
live your life like a beer commericial
trobbin88

Post by trobbin88 »

yes the box is local, I had all the channels, when I unblocked it , it took an update with the new plat and guide, when I blocked it again all the upper channels gone vod works but all the upper lost.