Not authorized

JTAG (NT) on Cable Boxes

Moderator: justsomeguy

CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

stomperz wrote:I had some dct2000 Provisioned Box's a while back.

I saved the hit's from caco with SPI Program.
Let one box get de-subbed by caco
Sent saved code with SPI and premiums came back.

Don't have the box anymore to test.

Would this work after new Keys were sent to box?

This was tested with DCP2000 Boxs
DCT700's software does not work at this time.
Its worth a try But I really doubt it will work. However, Nothing is lost by trying. It would be a Nice surprize if it did work.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

like capone said give it a try and let us know, although i doubt it will work with a key change...but giver a try
live your life like a beer commericial
stomperz

Don't have the box anymore to test

Post by stomperz »

Wish I still had one.
I guess this will go unanswered till someone else tests it

I will see if I can get a box back.
I think my daughter, but her little monsters probably ate the box by now. j/k :rolleyes: LOL
Sorry for my poor English, it is my primary language.:rolleyes:
krmax

Tried Not working

Post by krmax »

I tried to play code via spi on dct2XXX , did not work, all channel gone expect the local channel worked for 3 years on desub box i guess CACO changed the keys, so i am assuming to get back will need to call CACO reactive the box sign up for channels, capture key code save a later on call CACO , to downgrade to re-send new code to the DCT

RIGHT?
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

SPI writeback will NOT work on key changed boxes. Key changes are inevitable and dont be surprised its more common soon. Same exact thing happening now with boxes as with modems a while back, few areas affected here and there, then soon enough, everywhere is affected.

Only difference is the security between the two and how they get 'online'

Need to extract keys and figure out how to write em back or its game over for the 99% of testers.
justsomeguy

Post by justsomeguy »

macgyver12 wrote:SPI writeback will NOT work on key changed boxes. Key changes are inevitable and dont be surprised its more common soon. Same exact thing happening now with boxes as with modems a while back, few areas affected here and there, then soon enough, everywhere is affected.

Only difference is the security between the two and how they get 'online'

Need to extract keys and figure out how to write em back or its game over for the 99% of testers.
kinda reminds me of the beginning of the N3 days with dicknet and bell. there were hits being sent multiple times a day until they were able to implement full security...which is why we NEED to get into the XC CHIP !!!!
live your life like a beer commericial
macgyver12

Post by macgyver12 »

What shocks me is that its OLD ASS technology if you really think about it, and its been quite solid for about a decade now.... If it aint broke, dont fix it I suppose. I'm just waiting for the day it is broke!

The community isnt as large scale as the xbox/ps3/wii scenes, and until it is, progress will be delayed significantly unfortunately. But we'll get there.

If we were to crack it in the way PS3 for example was cracked, its game over, and that is what we need in the end.

Need a behind the scenes approach to get it done, so we can say and mention the things needed to be mentioned without fear of whos watching.

You have some of us who know absolutely everything there is to know about how the process of the cabletv system works, and have the certain tricks up our sleeves, who can mod ANY box without issue regardless of new boxes coming out, but we lack certain 'abilities' to progress further.

Then you have those people with those certain 'abilities' that I see lingering around here, you can tell they are highly capable and highly intellegent in those abilities, but their knowledge of the cable system, how it works, what does what, how XC plays its part, how cablecards are intertwined, etc.....they have very LIMITED knowledge on the subject, and only go as far as they need to.

If those two groups of people come together privately, then thats it, game over, we own the system. This isnt about TOS, this is about the extreme hunger and desire we all have to do something that cant be done, its about the fact that most of us like to fuck with and tinker with things constantly just so we can know how it works, its about those who give nonstop research and efforts just to get something done that we know IS POSSIBLE with an extreme desire to make it happen, regardless of how much it drives our wifes insane.

Its not about TOS, its about everything else. Its about doing it because we CAN. Theres so much more these STB's have in potential, and so many resources out there to create custom apps with the available moto/opencable api's etc, imagine customizing user interfaces etc? Theres so much more that needs to be done here.
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

macgyver12 wrote:What shocks me is that its OLD ASS technology if you really think about it, and its been quite solid for about a decade now.... If it aint broke, dont fix it I suppose. I'm just waiting for the day it is broke!

The community isnt as large scale as the xbox/ps3/wii scenes, and until it is, progress will be delayed significantly unfortunately. But we'll get there.

If we were to crack it in the way PS3 for example was cracked, its game over, and that is what we need in the end.

Need a behind the scenes approach to get it done, so we can say and mention the things needed to be mentioned without fear of whos watching.

You have some of us who know absolutely everything there is to know about how the process of the cabletv system works, and have the certain tricks up our sleeves, who can mod ANY box without issue regardless of new boxes coming out, but we lack certain 'abilities' to progress further.

Then you have those people with those certain 'abilities' that I see lingering around here, you can tell they are highly capable and highly intellegent in those abilities, but their knowledge of the cable system, how it works, what does what, how XC plays its part, how cablecards are intertwined, etc.....they have very LIMITED knowledge on the subject, and only go as far as they need to.

If those two groups of people come together privately, then thats it, game over, we own the system. This isnt about TOS, this is about the extreme hunger and desire we all have to do something that cant be done, its about the fact that most of us like to fuck with and tinker with things constantly just so we can know how it works, its about those who give nonstop research and efforts just to get something done that we know IS POSSIBLE with an extreme desire to make it happen, regardless of how much it drives our wifes insane.

Its not about TOS, its about everything else. Its about doing it because we CAN. Theres so much more these STB's have in potential, and so many resources out there to create custom apps with the available moto/opencable api's etc, imagine customizing user interfaces etc? Theres so much more that needs to be done here.

I couldn't agree more, imagine the potential if the ISP's allowed for open source software/firmware. That would be amazing and might actually give the network more stability in terms of QOS. That would be nice but I know itll never happen, and macgyver I need you to give me a call I need to talk to you about something not related to this :)
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.
krmax

about re-actived dctxxxx

Post by krmax »

Hi Guys, Stupid questions for the pro`s: I have DES box DCT2000 if a change the unit address with active one and after that i re-send via SPI the channel authorization code that was capture when the box was activated with premium channels, you think will work? What i am trying to figure out if the box dropped the channels because is a DES box

Happy Holidays to all , with the hope the new year brings a solution to the not authorize issue

Note: Did not try because i will need to call CACO to get new box
CAPONE

Post by CAPONE »

krmax wrote:Hi Guys, Stupid questions for the pro`s: I have DES box DCT2000 if a change the unit address with active one and after that i re-send via SPI the channel authorization code that was capture when the box was activated with premium channels, you think will work? What i am trying to figure out if the box dropped the channels because is a DES box

Happy Holidays to all , with the hope the new year brings a solution to the not authorize issue

Note: Did not try because i will need to call CACO to get new box
It would respond but will not have the effect you are looking for. If it where that easy we would only need one Hit Capture per box model.
"If you give a man a fish you feed him for a day. If you teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime."
krmax

Hum!

Post by krmax »

Thank you Capone for the reply. I guess i will need to wait to see if a Good Samaritan will share the fix for not authorize EM
krmax

Is Game Over?

Post by krmax »

Capone i forgot to ask you, do you think for DES dct2000 box with not Authorized message the game is over , or it`s time for people like to start reading? Thank you in advance and Good Bless all the testers

:confused::confused:
MrRogers

Post by MrRogers »

justsomeguy wrote:kinda reminds me of the beginning of the N3 days with dicknet and bell. there were hits being sent multiple times a day until they were able to implement full security...which is why we NEED to get into the XC CHIP !!!!
Yeah I remember that too, then IKS came along and I nutted in my pants LOL!
I JTAGGED your mom.
I was told that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I then learned through personal experience that the best things in life ARE FREE - Me

WE ARE ANONYMOUS, EXPECT US.

All posts/topics that I post in are completely hypothetical in real life and should not be taken seriously.